Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New useful product

Arrived today. Fits perfectly and a useful addition for those with the pre-18MY glass cover.

Yes i probably could have made something similar, certainly not fitting to the bowl as this does, but my time is too valuable to me to waste it making something that someone else has done so much better and of the appropriate material. Good Job.:thumb

I do not think I waste time when I do something for myself or for some of my friends, in fact I made another shelf for another adventurer in Cali and I must say that his beer was very good .... now my work does not depend on others, but only on myself, and often what we can do alone is better than what we buy already ready, money does not center anything ........ beers yes!

I do not think I waste time when I do something for myself or for some of my friends, in fact I made another shelf for another adventurer in Cali and I must say that his beer was very good .... now my work does not depend on others, but only on myself, and often what we can do alone is better than what we buy already ready, money does not center anything ........ beers yes!
Obviously if you have the spare time, but some don't, too busy enjoying themselves or working, not in my case. I value my time highly and am prepared to pay for something that is well made and designed even though I could probably make it myself but at the expense of not doing something else, like taking my grand daughters out for the day.
Each to his own and I'm glad you have the expertise and more importantly the time to make these items, but some cannot and others put a higher value on other things etc:

I made one similar sometime ago.

20180122_102600.jpg 20180122_102627.jpg 20180122_102550.jpg
This is what I used
Chopping board
Jigsaw
Router
Straight router cutter
25mm bit for the hole (optional).

I had all of this equipment, so for me there was no initial cost, except

Time-about 2 hours. Future ones would be quicker to make or better finished, but I don’t intend to make another. Of all the things that could go wrong on my Cali, I think the chopping board is probably the least likely!

Was it worth it? At the time, yes, because there wasn’t one commercially available. Now there is one, I would probably buy it, particularly if I didn’t have the equipment or time. I know £35 sounds expensive for a sink cover, but this is not a huge mass market product. For me, part of the £35 would be to support companies who are prepared to develop and produce low volume products that make life easier for the Cali owner. It looks like a quality product, it is very useful and certainly better finished than the one I made.

Last edited:
I made one similar sometime ago.

View attachment 29509 View attachment 29510 View attachment 29508
This is what I used
Chopping board
Jigsaw
Router
Straight router cutter
25mm bit for the hole (optional).

I had all of this equipment, so for me there was no initial cost, except

Time-about 2 hours. Future ones would be quicker to make or better finished, but I don’t intend to make another. Of all the things that could go wrong on my Cali, I think the chopping board is probably the least likely!

Was it worth it? At the time, yes, because there wasn’t one commercially available. Now there is one, I would probably buy it, particularly if I didn’t have the equipment or time. I know £35 sounds expensive for a sink cover, but this is not a huge mass market product. For me, part of the £35 would be to support companies who are prepared to develop and produce low volume products that make life easier for the Cali owner. It looks like a quality product, it is very useful and certainly better finished than the one I made.
Good man.

Would there be any benefit in me buying one of these as I have a split top?

It will work just the same if you have the split worktop