Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Van owner

T

TheIcecreamVan

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Can anyone tell me where the towing eye is kept on a California Ocean

In the toolkit, which is located in the lower back section of the rear bench seat.

Welcome by the way! Hope you don't need the towing eye just yet on your T6.1

:welcome

Be aware of RTFM comments to this question, they mean we'll really!

But indeed, back of the bench seat. Go in through the tailgate, underneath the shelf, undo the 2 thumb screws, then the pack angles out from the top...

Hope that helps...

Can anyone tell me where the towing eye is kept on a California Ocean

It is a difficult one to spot if you've not really looked for it before. It blends in quite well with the black colour of the rear bench seat back. It is a black foam pack at the rear bottom of the back bench. Held in place with two thumb screws. A PITA to access and get out.

Undo the two thumb screws and the pack will angle out and then slide out.

It is a difficult one to spot if you've not really looked for it before. It blends in quite well with the black colour of the rear bench seat back. It is a black foam pack at the rear bottom of the back bench. Held in place with two thumb screws. A PITA to access and get out.

Watch this video - at 2:57 -

Thanks I finally found it and it is where you said hope not to have to use it

Thanks I finally found it and it is where you said hope not to have to use it
For ease of access, I have done away with the useless foam box, put all the items into a canvas bag and strapped it to the side of the bed extension. Has saved me a lot of space and also helped to use some unused space.

see size difference in first pic and the place where now my tool kit rests (the black canvas bag, right top). Much easier to access too if needed

PXL_20210227_161731109.jpg

PXL_20210306_115149468.jpg

Reactions: JGN
I tried RTFM once…it gave me a terrible headache

Back