Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Year’s Eve in your California

Jay20cali

Jay20cali

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Spent many a New Year’s Eve in our cali
Mostly in the Lake District....
Coniston is a favourite and the langdales.
Just wondering where your favourite spot is?
or where have you spent New Year’s Eve in your camper.
Good or bad
And recommendations

Looks like just me and you FB are the only ones daft enough to spend New Year’s Eve in our Cali’s ;)

My very best place I once found was by wick ferry on the River Stour in Christchurch. A lovely town centre a ten minute walk away yet really peaceful and riverside walks to wander along.

Loved it.

I have spent 5 out of the last 7 NYE's in my camper, a lovely place to wake up in on NY Day.

Glenmore campsite on the shores of Loch Morlich for the last few years

Ridiculously expensive, grumpy staff but worth it for the scenery and the dog loves it, particularly when we get a spot in the Pinewoods by the shore. Photos were 31 December 2019 but feel like a lifetime ago.

Attachments

• Loch Morlich.jpg
    Loch Morlich.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Dog.jpg
    Dog.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 74
Glenmore campsite on the shores of Loch Morlich for the last few years

Ridiculously expensive, grumpy staff but worth it for the scenery and the dog loves it, particularly when we get a spot in the Pinewoods by the shore. Photos were 31 December 2019 but feel like a lifetime ago.
Beautiful pictures

My very best place I once found was by wick ferry on the River Stour in Christchurch. A lovely town centre a ten minute walk away yet really peaceful and riverside walks to wander along.

Loved it.

I have spent 5 out of the last 7 NYE's in my camper, a lovely place to wake up in on NY Day.
Brilliant &sounds amazing

Spent the last four New Year’s Eve in Dorset bit strange this year only spent six nights this year in Cali fingers crossed for a better year in 2021

Looks like just me and you FB are the only ones daft enough to spend New Year’s Eve in our Cali’s ;)
No, you are not the only ones, we, too, spent many a New Year’s Eve in our Cali!
In too many weird places, couldn’t name a favourite: last year in Scotland, the year before in some nick in the woods in Sweden, in Cracow once, and on a deserted ski slope near Winterberg in Germany. This year we will be deep in the middle of nowehere somewhere in the North-East of our own country: we can’t go abroad with all the Covid-restrictions everywhere.

Did it last year and loved it....woke up to bright blue skies and thick frost in Suffolk. What a beautiful way to start the new year; felt very blessed.

Even before the Tier 4 restrictions for London were announced we had decided not to visit or have visit grandparents this Christmas. The closest my boys have been to any grandparent since the summer lull is the front garden wall.

You have braver children and children-in-law than Clare and I who had a quiet Christmas Day, and delivered roast turkey and mince pies to our parents’ doorsteps before ringing the doorbell and stepping well back.

We’ve often stayed in Bath.
Bike ride to Bristol along cycle path on NYE day followed by booking a table for a meal in a nice restaurant for the evening. Lovely long walk on NY’s day to finish it off. Always a nice city to visit.

So. a very happy New Year from yet another New Year’s Eve campsite.

37f955d83540dcf280e7e1c5571627aa.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk