Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie here, assessing overpriced used versus delayed delivery new...

W

Wannabecamperman

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi everyone. Chris here.

Great forum and I decided to finally join so I could look at the many photos you forumites have kindly posted! I am between a Ford Nugget as I love the rear kitchen layout and space and a Cali Ocean or Coast. Sadly the Nugget new price is close to a 3-4 year old Cali at present, so I'm hoping to divine further insights as to the how justified is this price imbalance. I also looked at Merc MPs but dismissed them due to being over 5m long and I need my camper to be a daily driver and park in train station 4.8m x 2.4m bays regularly.

My dream is a new Cali Ocean but would you believe they are getting on for SIX FIGURES with the options that I looked at, not to mention the delays that seem to be quite fluid at present. Would you believe my local VW van centre wanted over £80k for a 6 month old demonstrator!!!

Thanks and hello to all.

Chris

Hi everyone. Chris here.

Great forum and I decided to finally join so I could look at the many photos you forumites have kindly posted! I am between a Ford Nugget as I love the rear kitchen layout and space and a Cali Ocean or Coast. Sadly the Nugget new price is close to a 3-4 year old Cali at present, so I'm hoping to divine further insights as to the how justified is this price imbalance. I also looked at Merc MPs but dismissed them due to being over 5m long and I need my camper to be a daily driver and park in train station 4.8m x 2.4m bays regularly.

My dream is a new Cali Ocean but would you believe they are getting on for SIX FIGURES with the options that I looked at, not to mention the delays that seem to be quite fluid at present. Would you believe my local VW van centre wanted over £80k for a 6 month old demonstrator!!!

Thanks and hello to all.

Chris
Markets are funny things!
Is an ocean worth £80k? Yes! Why? Because that’s what people are willing to pay, even if you are not.
Does an ocean coat the same as a nugget to build? Probably , but people with £80k don’t want a nugget, they want an ocean.

Will you lose more in depreciation with a nugget or an ocean? Because that’s the true cost, and here I can’t help anyone, I don’t have a crystal ball.

Ours just cost £77k, I’m banking on selling it for similar money at the end of the summer if it doesn’t suit our needs.

The world is a little mad right now.

Are you considering the pop top nugget? Most of the non Cali love is for the high top bigger nuggets. Not sure how practical the nugget layout is with the roof down.

Back