Newbie Here

SimonK

SimonK

VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Hi,

Great site!

I'm Simon from Lancashire. I've always been a fan of the California, but, as tempting as VW Finance's crippling PCP or HP deals may be, I can't see myself being an owner for a few years just yet. Damn those residuals!

I am hopefully going to be hiring one soon so will be using this site for tips on places to go etc.

Hi Simon welcome you should find the answers you need :thumb keep us posted about your hire plans :thumb

Hi Simon and welcome to the forum.

Glad you are enjoying the site and good luck with your Cali plans. :thumb

John

the flexible vw finance isn't that bad and better than most and used them twice now .....but if the cali is out the price range at the moment then start selling stuff on ebay even if it's the kids the wifes of borrow from others and sell it all ....It will be worth it Simon :smile

Oli a forum sponsor has his fair share of cali's to rent out and would see you straight :thumb

choplee said:
the flexible vw finance isn't that bad and better than most and used them twice now .....but if the cali is out the price range at the moment then start selling stuff on ebay even if it's the kids the wifes of borrow from others and sell it all ....It will be worth it Simon :smile

Oli a forum sponsor has his fair share of cali's to rent out and would see you straight :thumb

Thanks. I just don't like the idea of chucking a 5-figure sum down as a deposit, to then need to pay another 5 figure sum to own it at the end!

I do kick myself sometimes though as I used to own a Mitsubishi Evo, and spent the cost of a new Cali running it over 4 years and 60k. Oops!

No wife and kids yet. I think I need to keep it like that!

I never have a ballon at the end .. Just straight repayment and if I can't afford them after deposit then I don't buy till I can get more deposit :)

choplee said:
I never have a ballon at the end .. Just straight repayment and if I can't afford them after deposit then I don't buy till I can get more deposit :)

I've never had a PCP before so was just using it as an example :)

So u was looking at used or new Cali with all finance or part ..?

choplee said:

Thanks Lee

Yes Simon, if you are looking to hire a Cali, I will always do a forum member a better deal. We are running an early bird booking offer at the moment, which gets you a couple of free options.

Youll learn a lot of this forum as well, friednly bunch of people
:hello :D

Import one from Germany - will be a pre facelift - but being German it's spec will be better than most UK vans.

Although it's worth remembering that LHD Cali's come in Trendline and plusher Comfortline.

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto/volkswagen ... ence=DAILY

A bold route to Cali ownership :) But Martin here has a LHD Cali.

Quick advert for one :)

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/vw ... res=EXPORT

This equates to about 23k in sterling :)

German E Bay Classifieds

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s ... 41-216-966

Just a thought

James

choplee said:
So u was looking at used or new Cali with all finance or part ..?

New with part. Just can't justify at at the moment. Probably be 18-24 months before I can now.

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
choplee said:

Thanks Lee

Yes Simon, if you are looking to hire a Cali, I will always do a forum member a better deal. We are running an early bird booking offer at the moment, which gets you a couple of free options.

Youll learn a lot of this forum as well, friednly bunch of people
:hello :D

Thanks Oli. I've already been in touch about Le Mans next year :thumb we are looking at going somewhere in February or March too for a long weekend but I need to fit it in around work.

Well I've booked an 18 day jolly using one of BMVS Californias. The planning commences.

Back