Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

B

BambiB

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi we pick up our T6 204 Ocean (ex-demo) next week. Really looking forward to having a camper again. I'm a little concerned over this roof bubbling business although ours will be stored mainly indoors when not being used I just wondered how common it was in the latest T6's. Also how do you tell without peeling off the seals as don't want to encourage moisture getting in

TIA

Natasha & Ian

Hi BambiB

If I was you I wouldn't worry about the corrosion on your new Cali
......not for a couple of years in anyway,don't disturb the roof seal and keep the pressure wash well away from any collection points on the bodywork
Look forward to all the good things coming your way with your van

:welcome To the forum

Alan

Hi BambiB

If I was you I wouldn't worry about the corrosion on your new Cali
......not for a couple of years in anyway,don't disturb the roof seal and keep the pressure wash well away from any collection points on the bodywork
Look forward to all the good things coming your way with your van

:welcome To the forum

Alan
Many thanks for the tip Alan - good to know. Yeah off to France in May for a week so looking forward to it

Welcome, enjoy and make a diary appointment (Keep a look out for roof/seal issues but in any event in 30 months time actively check).

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Just enjoy and as @Jabberwocky says, check under the roof seal before your 1st MOT.

Storing it indoors or outside will make no difference if there is any moisture in the air.

Welcome , parking inside when not in use is not the magic trick to prevent the roof corrosion .
Neighter is not using pressure wash , as mine is in a dry garage 10 months a year and never used presure wash or carwash , still my 2012 T5 got bubbles .
And another thing some seems to be scared of , pulling the roofseal away bit by bit to check but most important clean the moist away had no influence to the seal at all . I know about my roof corrosion for about a year now and check under the seal every time i wash my Cali (sponge /handwash )
If you buy a new you do not have to worry the first years , it has a warrenty.
If i would buy a new now, i would take action myself and put a transparant tape arround the roof edge. Thats the only solution to this issue imo.
Tape in the roof edges that goes in the seal.

Need to make sure there's no moisture already trapped within the seal before using tape and then what would happen if (warranty) the tape adessive eats into the paint when it's pulled away?

Alan