Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newboy

S

Sandpit

Picking up 2012 Cali on Thursday, road trip France and Italy in July, 2 adults and two children what is essential equipment satnav, what sort ? Seat covers ? Awning with three rooms that girls can put up, storage boxes for clothes and girls bits hair dryer etc, hook up wires. Should come and learn at calis on the farm.
Earphones enormous patience sense of humour.
I guess it's a long learning process
Help ??????

Essentials imo are:

Electric hookup cables. Get one with extra attachment for euro plug (some French sites have old 2pin plugins)

Drive away awning is a real bonus. Space to stash all sorts. And nicer when it rains.

Maps of the region. Don't just rely on sat nav.

A shaggy rug to put in the middle section of van. Easy to shake out, collects the dust and muck nicely. Better than standard hard plastic floor, and warmer on bare feet.

Electric hookup cables. Get one with extra attachment for euro plug (some French sites have old 2pin plugins)

Should get a short euro plug adaptor cable in the van from new.
Checkout the handover check sheet in the downloads section, should be a list of what comes in a new van.

Thanks for the advice.
What is the best way to face the van when its windy and you want to raise the roof? i would guess that you would have wind on the stern? what Beaufort scale is she safe in, land yachting so much dryer! :thumb

Sandpit said:
Picking up 2012 Cali on Thursday, road trip France and Italy in July, 2 adults and two children what is essential equipment satnav, what sort ? Seat covers ? Awning with three rooms that girls can put up, storage boxes for clothes and girls bits hair dryer etc, hook up wires. Should come and learn at calis on the farm.
Earphones enormous patience sense of humour.
I guess it's a long learning process
Help ??????
What is the usual combination of boxes in the back under the shelf dimension is 100 cm by 130 cm
Height is 34 cm so do 6 x 42 litre staples boxes fit or do you need to have the 35 litre ones or 2 x 70 litres above shelf , guidance appreciated.

Back