Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nightmare seat repair

B

Beltram

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Did something really stupid the other day, I was cutting wood up in my garden with a mini saw and my phone started ringing which was in the van on the passenger seat, as I lent in on the driver's side to reach over to the passenger seat I still had the saw in my left hand and as I was reversing back out I caught the driver's seat with the saw, I couldn't believe it but thought it wasn't too bad and could easily be fixed, no chance of that, I've tried quite a few upholsterer repairers, this week and they say the whole side panel needs to come off and a new one stitching on, I did have a quote for a smart repair but I'm not comfy with that and want it doing properly. The couple of upholsterers I've found who officially do VW vehicles and can order fabric direct from the manufacturer didn't have any matching fabric or any generic fabric to match, nor could they order straight from VW due to supply issues and said I might need to order a whole new seat base. I'm actually at a loss now unless someone knows of anyone that can do the repair otherwise I might need to go down the smart repair route cheers.

IMG_20220811_124414.jpg

IMG_20220811_124405.jpg

Get a Brandrup Second Skin cover for it - the material is 100% the same.

If you don't want to use covers, they are an excellent source of matching materials. I did have covers on but I took them off as it's up for sale

Get a Brandrup Second Skin cover for it - the material is 100% the same.

If you don't want to use covers, they are an excellent source of matching materials.
I did have covers on but took them as the van is up for sale, I'll look Into that though if the fabric is a match cheers

Car upholstery company will easily be able to repair.

As Andy said the Brandrup seat covers are the exact material you need.

Personally, I would leave it. Doesn’t look to bad. You should see the state of mine after 4.5 years camping…:oops:

Did something really stupid the other day, I was cutting wood up in my garden with a mini saw and my phone started ringing which was in the van on the passenger seat, as I lent in on the driver's side to reach over to the passenger seat I still had the saw in my left hand and as I was reversing back out I caught the driver's seat with the saw, I couldn't believe it but thought it wasn't too bad and could easily be fixed, no chance of that, I've tried quite a few upholsterer repairers, this week and they say the whole side panel needs to come off and a new one stitching on, I did have a quote for a smart repair but I'm not comfy with that and want it doing properly. The couple of upholsterers I've found who officially do VW vehicles and can order fabric direct from the manufacturer didn't have any matching fabric or any generic fabric to match, nor could they order straight from VW due to supply issues and said I might need to order a whole new seat base. I'm actually at a loss now unless someone knows of anyone that can do the repair otherwise I might need to go down the smart repair route cheers.

View attachment 98054

View attachment 98055
Could have been worse @Beltram you might have put the saw to your ear. @VincentVanGogh

Sorry :)

Decided to go down the smart repair route, the guy I found said he can do it so I'll put my faith in that, think the Brandrup covers might be too pricey

If it’s valley moonrock grey, then I still have the as new seat fabric left from when we had ours reupholstered in leather.

I’ve tried selling them but nobody wants them, so I’m happy to let you have a front seat base for the cost of the postage.

If it’s valley moonrock grey, then I still have the as new seat fabric left from when we had ours reupholstered in leather.

I’ve tried selling them but nobody wants them, so I’m happy to let you have a front seat base for the cost of the postage.
Thanks Ting Ting that's amazing of you to offer, I shall check to see if it's the correct colour and let you know

It is that colour @Ting Tong but i cant find a way to message you on here not sure why

I think I do have one but am out of the country until mid September.
Many thanks for coming back to me. My passenger seat has started to wear and has a small thread bare patch that will only get worse and I'm not sure how else to sort it. I would obviously be willing to pay for it, so maybe you could contact me when you're back in the UK, if you don't mind.

Thanks again.

Many thanks for coming back to me. My passenger seat has started to wear and has a small thread bare patch that will only get worse and I'm not sure how else to sort it. I would obviously be willing to pay for it, so maybe you could contact me when you're back in the UK, if you don't mind.

Thanks again.
Hello

Where did that 4 months go ! Hope you've had a great summer. Will you be back in the UK soon ?

Thanks

Mark

Hello

Where did that 4 months go ! Hope you've had a great summer. Will you be back in the UK soon ?

Thanks

Mark
Hi @MarkHawkins68 Yes we’re back and i still have a seat base cover. You can email me on mail xxx evans-yang yyyy com, where xxx is “at” and yyyy is “dot”.

Back