Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

will T5 2nd row 360 spin seats work with T6 rails?

Canary Bird

Canary Bird

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Before our T5 got bashed, I took out the two second row 360 spin seats for space on the trip and have them sitting in the hallway of my flat. They are in perfect shape (even the fabric as I've always used seat covers). I am tempted to buy 2 new seats ...
... for fear the T5 seats won't work on T6 track system
... the Spanish Technical Inspection card will list the vehicle as a 5 passenger vehicle and I would need to pay an automative engineer to sign off on the T5 seats for the new T6 (listed as a 7 passenger) which could takes months to accomplish and cost hundreds of pounds ... I could get a hefty ticket if police pulled me over and saw me driving with people in "illegal seats"
... could sell the two seats for a good price and in the end the price won't be that different

But for me to even consider staying with T5 seats and going through the paperwork route to make it a legal 7 seater, do the T5 second row seats work on T6 track?

IMG_4825 (1).jpg

P9030032.jpg

Could be a while before anyone can answer that question with certainty .... maybe someone who is at Busfest this weekend could give some idea as there is a T6 there on display.

Thanks! Yes, any ideas would be helpful!

The new T6 at busfest has a 3 rail system like the early calis, not sure if yours is 2 or 3 rails

john

Part from a new cupholder nothing much has changed behind the front seats on the T6 so the spare seats probally gonna fit....

:mute

Thanks so much for your help! I am still negotiating with the insurance company and the VW dealer about what options to include or not in relationship to the paperwork that goes along with it all ... id est, it could be the same price to buy new and sell the old and not have to go through the paperwork to have the cali's configuration changed.

Technically would those old seats not belong to the insurance company if your van was written off.
But I cant see why the t6 tracks would change,
PS like your seat cover.

Spanish insurance & writing off a vehicle: I have lived in Spain for 16 years, but this is my first collision & vehicle write off, but this is how it works in my situation with my insurance policy ... as best as I understand it! :)
~ I have complete coverage, so the vehicle reimbursements will be paid to me "immediately" by my company and then the company of the driver responsible for the accident will pay my insurance company
~ I am reimbursed for the current value of the vehicle (determined by an "impartial" evaluator using gov't tax figures and other factors and I'll probably get 70% of what I paid) and I am also offered a reimbursement amount by my insurance company for the "restos" (what is left of the vehicle) ... the insurance company has evaluators from salvage companies give bids of what they will pay ... and then the insurance company gives me an offer for what they will pay for it (them selling it to a salvage company and not likely a lot) ... I can take anyone's offer I can get and the bids are based on those two seats not being in the vehicle ... some people sell off and strip down the vehicle on their own to get the most out of it (but it takes time, facilities, connections, etc.) ... I will be happy if I get 80% of the original amount that I paid.

~ items ON the van (back case, bike/case rack) and IN the van (personal items) will be reimbursed by the company of the driver responsible for the accident (this could take months or years to determine -great!) ... who is responsible for our damages? ... the one who created the accident situation (the Jag) or the one that actually collided with us (the coach)

Did you ever find out if the T5 seats do fit the T6 rails? I am hoping they do, because I have a T6 Beach & want to buy a couple of 2nd row seats, but the VW dealer tells me the T6 seats are only available as a factory fit option.

The rails are the same for T5 and T6 your only problem may be matching the fabric. If you are anywhere near me you are welcome to try one of my extra seats from a T5 if you want to be 200% sure

The rails are the same for T5 and T6 your only problem may be matching the fabric. If you are anywhere near me you are welcome to try one of my extra seats from a T5 if you want to be 200% sure

Thanks for the offer, that's very kind, we're down in Salisbury so a bit far away! I was thinking I'd just buy some seat covers to match it all up - I need some to protect the bench from the kids anyway.

It's really good to know the rails are the same, I just need to source some seats then!

Thanks for the help.

DJB,

We ended up selling our two swivel seats BEFORE the T6 arrived as we didn't want to bother with the problem of our vehicle listed as a 5 seater on inspection card if we got pulled over by police.

I can tell you that the T6 rails are slightly different from the T5 (2011-2012) rails that we had in our vehicle. The sections that you remove from the rails, to remove the seats, slide off the long rail and are longer pieces. It took a little bit of learning were to put pressure to slide them off & on. I found an upload from a German on Youtube to figure it out. In the end I think it is an easier, better system once you learn it. HOWEVER, I think the rail "feels" the same width/etc. to the touch & observation - but I'd check.

• Thanks
Reactions: DJB
Canary Bird
Whats the problem with it being listed as a 5 seater?
The actual rail that the seat fixes to is the same its just the trim thats different & some late T5s had the T6 trim

As a late update, I bought 2 caravelle seats from a 2004 T5 and they fit the rails of my T6 perfectly. The covers are different of course but they are pretty good (a dark charcoal colour compared to my T6 Black Kutamo fabric) and I'll only be using them when we have visitors down.
I might buy some covers at some point if the colour difference starts to irritate me...

I bought them from this guy on Ebay, really helpful, extremely well packaged and quick courier delivery:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/combellackvehiclerecyclersltd/

Back