Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No bluetooth but MFSW and RNS 510

• Thread starter greatnortherncamper
  • Start date
G

greatnortherncamper

VIP Member
A first message from an (almost) newbie...

Almost certainly about to buy a 62 plate 180 4 motion DSG but am a little confused as the topic header may explain. I had (apparently incorrectly) assumed that the high spec satnav and the multifunction wheel would have had some form of bluetooth by default.

Dealer has kindly offered to fit a Parrot unit but wondered whether the existing set up can be re-configured to provide "inbuilt" bluetooth and compatability with phone button on sat nav and steering wheels without having to add another unit ?

Would welcome any thoughts or advice you may have

Kind regards

Steve,

Many thanks for that - I'm certainly keen to avoid a separate unit if possible - I've sent a message to the first co. you mentioned to get an idea of costs etc..

Thanks again

Warwick

Depending on how handy you are, or if you want to try and build it into the deal for your dealer to fit but you can but the parts really quite cheaply.

I have fitted my own and another couple for other members.

There have been several posts giving details of where to buy the parts but if you want to pursue it and can't find the posts let me know and I'll repost. :thumb

looking at and aftermarket satnav and found this on ebay item number 171393098472..it has a reversing camera and a dvd player for £200! anyone fitted one?
:thanks

exburstner747 said:
looking at and aftermarket satnav and found this on ebay item number 171393098472..it has a reversing camera and a dvd player for £200! anyone fitted one?
:thanks

Not got that particular one but I have fitted a similar one in our Yeti.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TMC-8-Car-Ste ... 1c40d8259d
All works well apart from the radio which doesn't retune automatically very well so we have a Pure DAB unit wired into the Aux input.
I have tried it in the Cali, straight swap as it comes with the Canbus interface, no recoding necessary.
We had a similar unit in our old Bongo for a couple of years without any problems.

thanks for the reply .. i thought worth a gamble at the price.just waiting for the new california to arrive ..like an expectant mother, its due week 49 :) ive looked at bull bars and side steps and this satnav. ..

Back