Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Noisy rear end

amdby

amdby

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, so my van has been parked up for a few weeks and now i come to drive it there is noise from what sounds like rear wheels or axle... Tapping in Rhythm with speed of car..louder at slow speeds.. . Odd that this should just start after car being stationary for so long, any thoughts anyone? Was really hoping it might just be a bit of debris rubbing somewhere, but can't see anything. Thanks.

Flat spot on the tyres (need to get them properly warm) or a brake stuck on a bit. Less likely to be wheel bearing.

Saw on a Cali Chris video they over inflate the tyres on vehicles in the showroom to prevent flat spots... Have done this with the car sitting in the garage (well, not over inflated, just close to fully loaded figures)

leave the handbrake off if you can when parked up for long periods as they usually stick and go with a bang when releasing

Flat spot on the tyres (need to get them properly warm) or a brake stuck on a bit. Less likely to be wheel bearing.
Oh, i hope that's all it is, that'd be a relief. Drove about 5 miles earlier... Will take it out for a longer run later, thank you.

Probably just surface rust on the brake disc’s. Will wear off as you drive/brake.

Also for a tap, check the tyres for a nail or gravel stuck between the tread.

Yet another thread title to find confusing,

I was about to reach for the jar of Holland and Barratts "peppermint for flatulence relief"

This has happened to us quite a bit. It’s rust build up on the rear disc. should clear after a few miles. I suppose if it’s safe then a good idea is to leave the hand brake off so you don’t get the BANG when you first start off..

Back