None - Cali Travel Anxiety ?

Hawthorn37

Hawthorn37

Retired, and working hard at it
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We’re on a weekend away, visiting family in the southwest, and after a little debate, we decided to leave the Cali at home. We’re not camping, so we’re using a car - packed up with BBQ’s, camping chairs, and lots of baby paraphernalia, plus a coolbag with as much bbq meat and beer as would fit.

So far we’ve been here less than a day, and the expression “Ah, that’s in the Cali ! “ has been used 6 times :oops: We leave the Cali packed up for short last minute trips, so it has all the walking stuff, outdoor cooking stuff in, basic meal ingredients, mosi spray etc etc., so we can travel without thinking too hard. This is useful as the grey cells are disappearing !

As soon as an hour into the journey south we were saying, wished we came in the Cali :confused:.

Am I the only Cali owner to suffer from none Cali travel anxiety ??

We’re on a weekend away, visiting family in the southwest, and after a little debate, we decided to leave the Cali at home. We’re not camping, so we’re using a car - packed up with BBQ’s, camping chairs, and lots of baby paraphernalia, plus a coolbag with as much bbq meat and beer as would fit.

So far we’ve been here less than a day, and the expression “Ah, that’s in the Cali ! “ has been used 6 times :oops: We leave the Cali packed up for short last minute trips, so it has all the walking stuff, outdoor cooking stuff in, basic meal ingredients, mosi spray etc etc., so we can travel without thinking too hard. This is useful as the grey cells are disappearing !

As soon as an hour into the journey south we were saying, wished we came in the Cali :confused:.

Not at all. I’ve experienced exactly the same scenario.

Absolutely not the only one! In fact last night I paid the £57 to upgrade our Eurotunnel booking from Tiguan to Cali for a week away starting tomorrow. We had already started pining for the California as we looked forward to the trip

Nope!..... been there, done that, get it all the time! (at least it'll teach you a lesson :D )

But the bigger question is 'why didn't you take the Cali?'

Nope!..... been there, done that, get it all the time! (at least it'll teach you a lesson :D )

But the bigger question is 'why didn't you take the Cali?'
Saving some miles on the Cali (already quite a lot for its age), and narrow road parking with cars, vans, trucks and tractors squeezing by!

That being said, we’ve missed not having all of the bbq condiments, a salad bowl, spare serving plates, and the Cali chairs this evening ;)

Exactly this.
Been without for 8 weeks and it’s killing me.
Not literally though. ;)

I’ve been stopping at the services to get a nice cold can of Pepsi max.
When usually I have 8 sat in the bottom of the permanently on fridge….
But VW Birmingham said it’s a cool box, not a fridge.
Well I disagree. It’s a great fridge

Mine is daily, but I also use other vehicle for camping trips and have to move stuff between the two, so sometimes wonder where the stuff is.
What’s the other vehicle ?

I have three, smart car for one/two person commuting, Mercedes B Class for long day trips/business, California Beach(now departed) for holidays, it was bought as a seven seater family car, but kids have grown up and left, so hence move to larger holiday vehicle. Wife has smart soft top for her commute (this will probably end up on trailer behind Moby Dick). otherwise the trailer will have my Goldwing and her 1100 motorbike on it!

Mine is daily, but I also use other vehicle for camping trips and have to move stuff between the two, so sometimes wonder where the stuff is.
We have a caravan and usually pull it with the California so no need to remember to move things between the California and the caravan. I use the California to camp but if there are 2 of us we use the caravan.

We recently brought a Combo life and had a tow bar fitted so decided to use that last time to tow the caravan. We had to move stuff from the California and take 2 chairs with us. The caravan is in a storage compound and now I find that I have left stuff in the caravan that I want in the California.

The Combo towed well but we had to get mirrors which we do not need with the California. The caravan is an Eriba.

We have a caravan and usually pull it with the California so no need to remember to move things between the California and the caravan. I use the California to camp but if there are 2 of us we use the caravan.

We recently brought a Combo life and had a tow bar fitted so decided to use that last time to tow the caravan. We had to move stuff from the California and take 2 chairs with us. The caravan is in a storage compound and now I find that I have left stuff in the caravan that I want in the California.

The Combo towed well but we had to get mirrors which we do not need with the California. The caravan is an Eriba.
Which model of Eriba?

We had a 1996/7 Duo T, same colours, my parents had a puck from new in 1985 and towed it behind a micra!
We traded the duo for a Troll 555GT in 2005 which we sold in 2015 for the price we paid. Excellent Hymer interiors, our new Etrusco (also Hymer Brand) has same fixtures and fittings as the Troll