Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Northampton - Vindis

Gary&Heather

Gary&Heather

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
This is our second cali from vw Northampton on both ocasions the staff were up to speed with the knowlage of the cali service was great good discount always very happpy to help customer service second to none.

G & H

Considering booking my van in for some warranty work. Has anyone had the blistering roof panel repaired at Northampton? Would you recommend?

Thats interesting. My purchasing experience at Northampton was anything but great! I believe the individual concerned left for pastures new soon after though.

We bought our first Cali from the original van centre in Northampton nearly 5 years ago... didn't accept it because they order the wrong spec and failed to mention it when I was taking delivery! We then went to Listers in Coventry and got stunning service from Justin.

That being said, the Riverside VW centre are no longer a commercial dealer but do have a couple of pre-ordered vans... but they do service... and treat it like an expensive car and not a builders van... which is worthy of note.

I'd be interest to know if it's this centre... Riverside,,, that you got yours from. They do try to be very helpful, but not much knowledge in my experience. Shame as they are on 3 miles from my house.

There is now a new Van Centre in Northampton (Which is why the original is no longer a commercial dealer)... opened around a year ago, lots of new staff... will give them a try for the next service... in 1800 miles... so not long.

Yup the new van centre, I think it opened at the end of last year. Were certainly very helpful when I popped in, though I'd give it a try as it's closer than Coventry and Wayside Milton Keynes are dreadful!

dealer_1352805932.jpg

I was on the way to my Son's stag weekend on a Friday afternoon last year when an engine light came on in our 9 month old van and we stopped at watford gap. The RAC (VW Recovery) came out and deemed the van undrivable - to Buxton at least. They rang Northampton VW Van Centre who said to drive it down and they'd look at it - despite a workshop full of vans. They diagnosed an exhaust sensor which they didn't have in stock but said they could source and fit the following Monday. When I explained where we were going they immediately sorted out a courtesy Polo helped us transfer Stag Do stuff and wished us well on our way. We picked up the repaired van on the Monday on the way back and all was fab. They sorted out all the warrenty stuff - and were generally brilliant.

They get my vote!!!

The RAC were also very good.

Another recent positive experience to report from this dealer.

The buying experience was very easy, with a relaxed but attentive sales service from Rob.
We were probably there for three hours in total including two long test drives for Wifey and me.
Importantly they brokered a good deal including a good px and the obligatory mud flaps fitted :D

I was abroad on business for the pickup which was left to Wifey. Again Rob was very
Patient with a 2 hour handover and he came in specially on his day off :goodone

So our recommendation is to ask for Rob Kilsby.

Cheers
Mark

Great service from David Novak and team today when Sharkey went in today.

Both knowledgeable and helpful... even gave me a tour of the service facilities on site... which is substantial as it also incorporates the Audi service centre.

32 Service bays... or thereabouts.

Big thumbs up so far.

Rgds
M

SimplyDubs said:
Great service from David Novak and team today when Sharkey went in today.

Both knowledgeable and helpful... even gave me a tour of the service facilities on site... which is substantial as it also incorporates the Audi service centre.

32 Service bays... or thereabouts.

Big thumbs up so far.

Rgds
M

32 bays, that is impressive. Is this the new dealer in Northampton ?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

They would be pretty close to me as well. I would also be very interested to hear from anyone that has had warranty work done there on their Cali, especially the blistering paintwork issue, which I am expecting any day now.

Mark

danny13 said:
Yup the new van centre, I think it opened at the end of last year. Were certainly very helpful when I popped in, though I'd give it a try as it's closer than Coventry and Wayside Milton Keynes are dreadful!

dealer_1352805932.jpg

Does anyone else have experience of Wayside at Bletchley (Milton Keynes)? Our Cali has been in there for a couple of things but apart from going through the VW box ticking exercises I'm not entirely sure they're on the ball. Having explained that I needed the strongest gas tailgate struts to replace worn out originals they still managed to order and fit the wrong set - without noticing they were even worse than the ones they replaced. Also not good at returning calls left when all the service reception staff are too busy. Might give Northampton a try next time despite the longer drive....

RobdeBear said:
danny13 said:

dealer_1352805932.jpg

Does anyone else have experience of Wayside at Bletchley (Milton Keynes)? Our Cali has been in there for a couple of things but apart from going through the VW box ticking exercises I'm not entirely sure they're on the ball. Having explained that I needed the strongest gas tailgate struts to replace worn out originals they still managed to order and fit the wrong set - without noticing they were even worse than the ones they replaced. Also not good at returning calls left when all the service reception staff are too busy. Might give Northampton a try next time despite the longer drive....

I have had no issues with Wayside Milton Keynes - true they are a traditional VW Commercial van centre, but I have had some great service there. I am booked in again next week for the first long life service. Will report back on this.

Attachments

• dealer_1352805932.jpg
    dealer_1352805932.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi All
I was a little worried about using the Northampton Vindis Van Center for an M.O.T. and service. However it was an extremely pleasant experience . I have had number of VW's since 1959 and I can say that without doubt they are on the ball, Catherine Thompson, Service Advisor was very very efficient and kept me informed throughout the whole process.
As one of the tires was wearing on one side they changed it over with the spare so that it passed the M.O.T.
Whilst there they updated my Sat Nav supplied too much tea and coffee for my Wife !!!!!!
And I can definitely say I am glad I tried them, and will certainly use them in the future Even if it is a round trip of just under 100 miles
Timber

Hi All
I was a little worried about using the Northampton Vindis Van Center for an M.O.T. and service. However it was an extremely pleasant experience . I have had number of VW's since 1959 and I can say that without doubt they are on the ball, Catherine Thompson, Service Advisor was very very efficient and kept me informed throughout the whole process.
As one of the tires was wearing on one side they changed it over with the spare so that it passed the M.O.T.
Whilst there they updated my Sat Nav supplied too much tea and coffee for my Wife !!!!!!
And I can definitely say I am glad I tried them, and will certainly use them in the future Even if it is a round trip of just under 100 miles
Timber

Wish we could agree. The pre-sales experience was good enough (thanks to Rob Kilsby), however the after-sales experience since delivery in July '15 has been wowful.

Cheers, Cliff

I rang them a couple of weeks ago about a 2 seater Beach and the salesman said he'd never seen one "they all come with 3 seats in the back"
I didn't take it any further:headbang

I've had warranty and service work done as well as purchasing parts for me to fit myself and every time there has been an issue of one kind or another.
I'll be looking for a new dealer when I next require one.

Looked at an almost-new Beach today at Vindis Van Centre (March 2018 version). The salesman was friendly and not pushy at all. Showed me some new Beaches too so I could look at different spec, which was appreciated.

The van didn't have the multiflex board (was told that this is an optional extra) -- although the board is visible in the advertisement. The van was quite mucky inside - lots of dog hairs, a few muddy paw prints on the windowsill in the back and various bits of rubbish in the van. Not quite what I would expect from a nearly-new van in a dealership.

The salesman was open to a little negotiation (for example might throw in a multiflex board), but no major discounts. Interestingly the advertised price wasn't much less than the new price for that spec (although the advertisement didn't mention the parking heater), so I'll keep looking.

you could say to salesman look I might be interested at whatever you think its worth less a few thousand to allow for negotiation and wait and see if he gets back to you at the end of the month. They will want to shift it before the 68 plate comes out

good idea, because other than the price it's just what I am looking for

Looked at an almost-new Beach today at Vindis Van Centre (March 2018 version). The salesman was friendly and not pushy at all. Showed me some new Beaches too so I could look at different spec, which was appreciated.

The van didn't have the multiflex board (was told that this is an optional extra) -- although the board is visible in the advertisement. The van was quite mucky inside - lots of dog hairs, a few muddy paw prints on the windowsill in the back and various bits of rubbish in the van. Not quite what I would expect from a nearly-new van in a dealership.

The salesman was open to a little negotiation (for example might throw in a multiflex board), but no major discounts. Interestingly the advertised price wasn't much less than the new price for that spec (although the advertisement didn't mention the parking heater), so I'll keep looking.

Did you point out to him that the multiplex comes as standard?

No, but was amused when he said he would include one as a sweetener in lieu of discount!

Back