Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Not a Cali but

cbdubs

cbdubs

Vehicle
N/A
I love it just the same.

I've been on this forum for quite some time as my parents own a Cali and I have a general interest in all VW's anyway. I thought I'd share a couple if pix of a recent camping trip with our little Eriba in tow. My Wife, 13 yeard old daughter and I went as my Son was away doing his NCS. Daughter sleeps in the Eriba as the bed is only long enough for her! Wife in the awning and I sleep in the van on an Exploria bed. Didn't go too far from home and stayed at a nice site just outside York (which is my home city) and from there went looking round Leeds and Harrogate for different places to shop and visit. A good couple of nights away enjoyed by all.

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Does not matter that its not a cali its the lifestyle that counts

I've just got an Exploria bed...van has been off the road but so looking forward to trying it, as I'd been after one for ages!

You have it well sorted!

Nice set up and great looking van!
Yeah, it suits us - would rather have a "full fat" cali obviously but sometimes I enjoy the boot space. I am building a garage extension so I've just transported a load of bricks and tower scaffold in it - carefully wrapped of course to prevent any trim damage.

I've just got an Exploria bed...van has been off the road but so looking forward to trying it, as I'd been after one for ages!

You have it well sorted!
We have the older Exploria bed which was a second hand bargain. The only issue we had with it was that it was too high and you felt a bit like you were in a coffin with your face so close to the roof :( Since then I have cut and removed about 7.5" inches off the legs and also narrowed the bed frame to sit lower in the van. I removed the mattress part and kept that the same width so the bed is the same size. I don't use the pull out drawer extension any more as my feet now rest on a cushion on top of the middle seats folded flat. It's also very useful that you can lift it in and out as required to free up boot space.

Yes its getting there - I am changing bits as money and time allows. I picked up a second hand Cali door card with the table and modified it to take a blind out of a Caravelle. Fitted the side awning. Fitted a Caravelle door card on my other side door ( I have the twin side loading door option) with the blind. Next plan is split charge kit and leisure battery under drivers seat. Also have a 90w solar panel to fit on the roof and wire that up. Always something to play with! :)

Yes its getting there - I am changing bits as money and time allows. I picked up a second hand Cali door card with the table and modified it to take a blind out of a Caravelle. Fitted the side awning. Fitted a Caravelle door card on my other side door ( I have the twin side loading door option) with the blind. Next plan is split charge kit and leisure battery under drivers seat. Also have a 90w solar panel to fit on the roof and wire that up. Always something to play with! :)

Wow! Great plans ahead and sounds like you know what to do&how to! Keep us posted!

Yeah, it suits us - would rather have a "full fat" cali obviously but sometimes I enjoy the boot space. I am building a garage extension so I've just transported a load of bricks and tower scaffold in it - carefully wrapped of course to prevent any trim damage.

Your van is threated with love - that counts No matter what kind of Van

Mk1 versions cost lots now 2ndhand.

I searched for 18 months to find one fairly local & not full price. It might be a bit coffin like, yet to find out as my windscreen has been broken for ages, but I needed a mobile kennel under it. I'm so short I don't need the extension if I lie sideways!

We’re new Cali owners and I adore the little erriba’s and I’m seriously thinking of buying one to pull behind ours

I do however want to modify the little E so was have a double bed, shower, wardrobe and clothes storage. Basically a towed extra bedroom and en suit :thumb so we never out grow our van and have to go down the Crafter route! They’re great but the little Cali is versatile to suit longer full family trips as well as the getaway couple weekenders :)