Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Accessories For Sale Now Sold - Comfort Mattress

Travelling Togs

Travelling Togs

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Brand New unused VW Comfort Mattress from a T6 Ocean.

We bought our new Ocean a few weeks ago, we haven't, and are not going to use, the supplied Comfort Mattress so it would be better being used by someone who will enjoy it instead of being in storage and taking up valuable room.

We are based in Scotland, 20 miles east of Edinburgh and I'm very happy for anyone to come and view it to make sure you are happy with it, it is as new but was already unwrapped by the dealer when we collected the Ocean.

If you are interested please send me a message with a contact number and I will get back to you to discuss further It is a rather large item to courier so prefer collection, or if you prefer to organise your own courier collection thats fine.

Thanks, John.

Hi John
I know many people use there cali’s In different ways but will selling/removing ur rear mattress not make the downstairs bed redundant?? As far as mine looks it’s not something you can take out separately as it’s one piece with the rear mattress???
I’d store if for the sake of the few quid you’ll get for it ,,,otherwise when you decide to sell on the van you will have a van with only an upstairs bed...just trying to be helpful cheers jason

Hi John
I know many people use there cali’s In different ways but will selling/removing ur rear mattress not make the downstairs bed redundant?? As far as mine looks it’s not something you can take out separately as it’s one piece with the rear mattress???
I’d store if for the sake of the few quid you’ll get for it ,,,otherwise when you decide to sell on the van you will have a van with only an upstairs bed...just trying to be helpful cheers jason

The VW comfort mattress can be replaced by many alternatives.

I used the downstairs topper supplied by the club shop for many years. As it doesn't have a double thickness over the bed board it means that the rear steel mesh board can be raised to the higher setting (flush with the rear seatback when folded back). giving more room in the boot.

I found the club shop mattress to be little thinner than the VW Comfort mattress so used a silent-night mattress topper on top (£20 from Dunelm) which made all the difference. good night's sleep and extra room in the boot :D

I'm now back to the VW Comfort mattress as it came supplied with Alfie but I suspect that mine also may be up for sale soon.

I used the downstairs topper supplied by the club shop for many years. As it doesn't have a double thickness over the bed board it means that the rear steel mesh board can be raised to the higher setting (flush with the rear seatback when folded back). giving more room in the boot.

I found the club shop mattress to be little thinner than the VW Comfort mattress so used a silent-night mattress topper on top (£20 from Dunelm) which made all the difference. good night's sleep and extra room in the boot :D

I'm now back to the VW Comfort mattress as it came supplied with Alfie but I suspect that mine also may be up for sale soon.
Hey granny jen well that’s very helpful too me as I have a cool box that doesn’t fit inside the boot with it being too low. I was pretty disappointed as was told it would.it does if the bed is on the higher setting ...so this is a way around it thanks you learn something new every day :) and here’s me thinking I know everything about California’s :)

Last edited:
Hey granny jen well that’s very helpful too me as I have a cool box that doesn’t fit inside the boot with it being too low. I was pretty disappointed as was told it would.it does if the bed is on the higher setting ...so this is a way around it thanks you learn something new every day :) and here’s me thinking I know everything about California’s :)

My original discovery of the higher bed board setting, and subsequent discarding of the comfort mattress, came when I needed to store a portaloo :)

I like the comfort mattress though, I think it is very comfortable.

My original discovery of the higher bed board setting, and subsequent discarding of the comfort mattress, came when I needed to store a portaloo :)

I like the comfort mattress though, I think it is very comfortable.

Mine came with the new van - before that I had a memory foam topper cut to size and put into a shaped Duvalay sheet. I really like it and my storage box (65L?) still fits underneath with the lower shelf position. I also use a Dunelm teddy bear topper which adds some softness. A stretchy cotton jersey sheet (single size from Lidl) fits over the mattress and still allows it to be folded with the sheet on.

Think I’ve sent you a private message.

Similar dilemma, VW comfort mattress is good but takes up a lot of room, I may get the club Comfortz and use with my zone sleep. That extra room in the boot is invaluable. I'm told the club comfortz topper is a more comfortable material than the VW Comfort mattress?

As photographers who often carry lots of gear we need all the space we can get, hence the reason to sell the comfort mattress as it takes up valuable space. We live in an apartment without a garage or attic and therefore space is also at a premium so storing it is not an option. We don't intend selling the Cali for many years and when we do I'm sure not having a comfort mattress will not make a lot of difference in its value. We spent the last weekend in the Cali and tested out using the upper mattress on the lower bed (we will use the upper bed at every opportunity) and it was fine for us, perfectly comfortable. Not sure why others haven't mentioned doing this before as it seems a simple alternative. At some stage we may replace the upper mattress with a 'better alternative' and use that both upstairs and downstairs in the same way.

Our Cali was supplied with the comfort mattress from new a month or so ago, we didn't specify it as we bought the Cali 'off the shelf' as it were. When I was researching what an as new, unused, 2nd hand mattress is worth I was surprised to hear from my dealer when asked a couple of days ago that a replacement would cost £520.00. I am asking £220.00 which I feel is very fair and a worthwhile discount on the new price should someone be looking for one. Unfortunately they are not courier friendly being the size they are so collection or a fair meeting distance is the only way to go, unless a buyer organises their own transport / courier. I have received some interest, thank you to those that have been in contact, it remains for sale at the present time.

Last edited:
As photographers who often carry lots of gear we need all the space we can get, hence the reason to sell the comfort mattress as it takes up valuable space. We live in an apartment without a garage or attic and therefore space is also at a premium so storing it is not an option. We don't intend selling the Cali for many years and when we do I'm sure not having a comfort mattress will make a lot of difference in its value. We spent the last weekend in the Cali and tested out using the upper mattress on the lower bed (we will use the upper bed at every opportunity) and it was fine for us, perfectly comfortable. Not sure why others haven't mentioned doing this before as it seems a simple alternative. At some stage we may replace the upper mattress with a 'better alternative' and use that both upstairs and downstairs in the same way.

Our Cali was supplied with the comfort mattress from new a month or so ago, we didn't specify it as we bought the Cali 'off the shelf' as it were. When I was researching what an as new, unused, 2nd hand mattress is worth I was surprised to hear from my dealer when asked a couple of days ago that a replacement would cost £520.00. I am asking £220.00 which I feel is very fair and a worthwhile discount on the new price should someone be looking for one. Unfortunately they are not courier friendly being the size they are so collection or a fair meeting distance is the only way to go, unless a buyer organises their own transport / courier. I have received some interest, thank you to those that have been in contact, it remains for sale at the present time.

I am sure you will sell it and I hope soon.

It is a good product.

I am sure you will sell it and I hope soon.

It is a good product.

Thank you, Jen. Yes, I'm sure someone will see its great value at £220.00 should they want one, a saving of £300.00 on the cost of a new one that is no different. If not I'm sure we have family / friends who could use it as a foldaway occasional visitor bed in their homes :)

As photographers who often carry lots of gear we need all the space we can get, hence the reason to sell the comfort mattress as it takes up valuable space. We live in an apartment without a garage or attic and therefore space is also at a premium so storing it is not an option. We don't intend selling the Cali for many years and when we do I'm sure not having a comfort mattress will not make a lot of difference in its value. We spent the last weekend in the Cali and tested out using the upper mattress on the lower bed (we will use the upper bed at every opportunity) and it was fine for us, perfectly comfortable. Not sure why others haven't mentioned doing this before as it seems a simple alternative. At some stage we may replace the upper mattress with a 'better alternative' and use that both upstairs and downstairs in the same way.

Where are u located