Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Number plates, post Brexit

Scoots

Scoots

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I've just got a towbar mounted bike carrier so I headed out today in search of a number plate.

No particular wish to have a sticker when I go to Europe so I checked the .gov web site and went to Halfords for a GB plate. They could do me the St Georges Flag (other nations were available) with GB or a Union flag with UK on it.

I wanted GB or Union Flag with GB

Is it just me?

Tried another couple of independents, one of whom offered me a Euro flag GB :headbang, but no GB or Union GB was available.

Yeah, I've been looking at where to get them. To no avail I'm afraid...

Thanks - I ended up with these guys who had no problem making plates you can actually travel on

I meant to send Halfords a furious tweet but the rage soon passed

Reactions: Sad
I have no intention of changes the various EU plates on my U.K. reg vehicles.

Why would I ?

I have no intention of changes the various EU plates on my U.K. reg vehicles.

Why would I ?
You don't need to unless you go abroad.

To be legal in France now you need the Union Jack with GB rather than the EU symbol.
For Spain it doesn't matter what you have on your numberplate, you still need a separate GB sticker.

Is the question of which flag/symbol to put on your number plate for continental touring the campervanning equivalent of the what-size-of-union-jack-and-which-political-memoir-to-have behind your home office desk question if you're a government minister doing a TV interview?

:upsidedown

Rats. Anyone else buy GB stickers to go on their number plates?
Really annoyed that it has now been changed to UK!
Guess we'll all be throwing those unused not even single use GB plastic stickers in the land fill site then....
Grumble grumble...