Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Accessories For Sale T6 personalised number plates for sale: T6 SVN, T6 FVN and T6 YAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast Freddie

Fast Freddie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
T6 personalised number plates for sale: T6 SVN, T6 FVN and T6 YAY.

When we were considering our California, we wanted a personalised number plate, but couldn't decide which we liked best and ended up buying 4 different ones! We have now chosen the one we want to keep for our Beach and the other three are now for sale as follows. All are on retention certificates which we will forward upon sale.

We have the following:
T6 SVN
£525.00, possible SVN interpretations include SUN, SteVeN, SeVeN, Sven, initials etc..

T6 FVN
£550.00, possible FVN interpretations include FUN, initials etc..and comes complete with a set of number plates already made up with the GB Euro badge on one side and the VW emblem on the other. Hopefully picture attached. We almost used this one (hence the number plates are made up).

T6 YAY
£500.00 (as in Yay! We got our T6!)

Please PM me if you are interested in any of them. Thanks.

Clipper - 1 (3).jpg

T6 SVN.jpg
T6 YAY.jpg

Four licence plates and one Cali :headbang
Am i missing something here....?

And that would be?
More than 2 months later , still availeble .
How much does each plate coast , so how much profit one can make buying plates and selling back? oke , maybe more than bankintrest gives you but still a strange way to make money.

Here in Belgium you only get a plate if you register a verhicle and you need to send it back when verhicle changes owner. So first you buy a car then you get a plate.
Can't see the point of owning just plates ...

IN UK you buy the reg. number from the DVLA & put it on retention (on hold) for up to a year during which time you can put it on a vehicle or sell it on.. If enough money to spare you could buy up all the T6 xxx numbers available, use one & sell the rest on at a profit or loss.

That is funny, having to explain what each plate is supposed to say. No takers stupid enough then?

And that would be?
More than 2 months later , still availeble .
How much does each plate coast , so how much profit one can make buying plates and selling back? oke , maybe more than bankintrest gives you but still a strange way to make money.

Here in Belgium you only get a plate if you register a verhicle and you need to send it back when verhicle changes owner. So first you buy a car then you get a plate.
Can't see the point of owning just plates ...
In UK you keep the plate once bought. When you change vehicle you transfer the plate to the new one with an £80 fee to the DVLA. Most people have their initials.
I always said I'd never do it but have one.

Just had a look on DVLA site & there are dozens of T6 xxx number plates available for £250 plus fees.

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov...2.y=23&super=&super_pricefrom=&super_priceto=

Not much good on a T7 or T8 in future but if you can match your initials it's not so bad.

Last edited:
Thankx @B J G for the intel.
Here in Belgium you get a plate from the list they just follow up chronologic costs 30€
If you like it personalised it costs 2000€ personalised plates can be taken to other verhicle .

Thankx @B J G for the intel.
Here in Belgium you get a plate from the list they just follow up chronologic costs 30€
If you like it personalised it costs 2000€ personalised plates can be taken to other verhicle .
Welcome.
There was talk of them stopping private plates due to EU regs. but Brexit has changed that question although I think that as the DVLA is part of the Government they didn't want to loose the Millions made from sales and transfers.
DVLA always own the plate but you can sell or transfer it.

In UK you keep the plate once bought. When you change vehicle you transfer the plate to the new one with an £80 fee to the DVLA. Most people have their initials.
I always said I'd never do it but have one.

Just had a look on DVLA site & there are dozens of T6 xxx number plates available for £250 plus fees.

Not much good on a T7 or T8 in future but if you can match your initials it's not so bad.
I bought mine on there for 250 , not a T6 XXX, but did think about them, transfer fees included.

I got mine from new reg for £138.

I always thought unissued plates were always cheaper from the DVLA, so did a quick check.

'New Reg' prices for a sample T6 plate (T6 YCL) is a headline £138 plus lots of bits coming to £266. The same plate from the DVLA is £250 all in.

I'm in the "I'd never buy a personal plate for myself, but just about can bring myself to do it for the van" camp.

Also, it's easy to remember such a plate for the hundreds of times you'll be asked for it on arriving at campsites.

I always thought unissued plates were always cheaper from the DVLA, so did a quick check.

'New Reg' prices for a sample T6 plate (T6 YCL) is a headline £138 plus lots of bits coming to £266. The same plate from the DVLA is £250 all in.

I'm in the "I'd never buy a personal plate for myself, but just about can bring myself to do it for the van" camp.

Also, it's easy to remember such a plate for the hundreds of times you'll be asked for it on arriving at campsites.
Snap. Not into a personalised plate but 250 squid for the Cali was somehow different.

Mike

Yes DVLA prices include all the associated fees.

When we were considering our California, we wanted a personalised number plate, but couldn't decide which we liked best and ended up buying 4 different ones! We have now chosen the one we want to keep for our Beach and the other three are now for sale as follows. All are on retention certificates which we will forward upon sale.

We have the following:
T6 SVN
£525.00, possible SVN interpretations include SUN, SteVeN, SeVeN, Sven, initials etc..

T6 FVN
£550.00, possible FVN interpretations include FUN, initials etc..and comes complete with a set of number plates already made up with the GB Euro badge on one side and the VW emblem on the other. Hopefully picture attached. We almost used this one (hence the number plates are made up).

T6 YAY

View attachment 16374

View attachment 16375
View attachment 16376

We have the following:
T6 SVN

T6 FVN

T6 YAY

View attachment 16374

View attachment 16375
View attachment 16376

We have the following:
T6 SVN

T6 FVN

T6 YAY

View attachment 16374

View attachment 16375
View attachment 16376
hi do you have the yay plate still for sale by any chance and if so what price are you looking for ?

You can buy any number of plates from the DVLA for a price, according to how popular they think it may be, special numbers go to auction. When bought you have 10 years to put it on a vehicle or pay another £80 to retain it, you never actually own it more of a lease agreement in UK. They can be transferred/sold on as in this thread.

Hi I only have T6 FVN and T6 SVN now and they are for sale at £399 each. PM me if you are interested. Thanks.
Thanks anyway Freddie - Sod’s law it was only yay we were interested in

Thanks anyway

Tim

Hi, Is T6 FVN still available? I see you have been trying to get rid of it for some time. Would you accept £250?

Thanks

Well we have searched for the right personal plate for our California Ocean 6.1,not easy! however we found OC 61 CAL just need a dot between the 6 and 1?! What do you think?

cali photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.