Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OBD

S

Steve Hoops Hooper

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all, Ineed advice. I took my T5.1 to my local and trusted garage who was going to plug in the OBD to make my van auto lock when I drive away. He couldn't find the setting so I said I would ask you guys.
Of course I am assuming there is a setting for it! I hope there is.

Hi all, Ineed advice. I took my T5.1 to my local and trusted garage who was going to plug in the OBD to make my van auto lock when I drive away. He couldn't find the setting so I said I would ask you guys.
Don’t think there is one for T5 SE. I’ve tried with mine

For the autolock to work there would need to be the loom in place to send a signal when moving to make this happen. AFAIK there is no such wire from the loom to the door switches on a T5.

Thanks for this. What a shame as being a plumber I need my van to lock but I will just have to remember to push the lock button... but I often forget. Oh well.

Which year is your vehicle? and is it a California that you use for your business. Is it a T5 upto 2010 or a T5.1 2011-2015.
I used Carista to enable autolock on my 2014 California.

Mine is a T5.1 2014 van as used for work. I dream of a Cali but wife and finances quash my happiness. :-(

Mine is a T5.1 2014 van as used for work. I dream of a Cali but wife and finances quash my happiness. :-(
That might be the reason why your garage couldn’t switch on automatic locking.
The Transporter family Startline, Trendline , Highline and Sportline all had different Options available and the California is, I gather based on the Caravelle , so has all the available Options.

UPDATE.
Well I bought a Carista from Amazon for 34 quid. Paid for a years subscription to get the free trial but I'm gonna keep it going because...
I now have:
Auto locking that kicks in at about 11 MPH. I love it!
Alarm now beeps. Once for locked twice for unlocked. Now I know if I've left a door open!
Alarm one press and only drivers door opens. Press again and all doors open woohoo!
A weird feature that tells me how much fuel I can get in the tank... Odd thing but why hide it.
Disabled the open doors when ignition key is removed. (More security)
Disabled horn when key is not in ignition. (I always accidently beep when removing the steering lock bar thing)
And did a load of things with my lights.
Not sure I have a Transporter anymore, more like a Transformer, Optimus Van.
Thank you all for your help.

Added bonus: It worked on my son's Scirocco R. The Carista has opened so many functions on his car. Allsorts of custom options like braking pressure, ride, steering etc. He has changed so many things including the display screen. Why oh why are these things hidden?

I've had my van for 8 years and the changes make it seem like a new van. Yeah it's safe to assume I am a happy bunny!

For the autolock to work there would need to be the loom in place to send a signal when moving to make this happen. AFAIK there is no such wire from the loom to the door switches on a T5.
You don’t think it might use the same signal your key fob uses?

You don’t think it might use the same signal your key fob uses?
AFAIK Carista et al can only switch on what is there, disabled AND has the mechanical and electrical connections available to that item.

Typically all Carista does is alter parameters for code that is already there, so if the code is not there the parameter to activate it (or modify like sensor distances for ACC) will show disabled and unavailable in the interface.

For the OP they have had success so my guess is they did.

Back