Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean Insurance

P

Polomint

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,

In discussions with LV during renewal, asked specifically if internal fixtures were included. The representative said she could insure it as a motor caravan.
I got out my V5c and it says M1 deisel car MPV.
If LV insure as motorcaravan, and in the event of a need to claim could there be a problem?

All thoughts appreciated.

I thought all Californias were registered with the DVLA as motor caravans? Or did that change on certain model years?

Hi All,

In discussions with LV during renewal, asked specifically if internal fixtures were included. The representative said she could insure it as a motor caravan.
I got out my V5c and it says M1 deisel car MPV.
If LV insure as motorcaravan, and in the event of a need to claim could there be a problem?

All thoughts appreciated.
I’m with LV - they know what they’re insuring from the factory, and see the V5, but the motorcaravan is the important bit. I’ve spoken to them twice (once after I was spooked on here) and been reassured they will cover camping related incidents

From my discussion with LV they do insure all the internal fithings like kitchen etc. Although they were cheapest, in the end we didn’t select LV for other reasons such as not insuring deployed camping gear and the personal items limit and conditions.

Back