Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean Light Conversion

Presumably these at £620:

image_1e076bad-2ad7-4f00-a1f1-886b9b29bdcc_1024x1024.jpg
Good work @Rawly - I too am very interested in these thank you. Any chance you could post some pics of the front of your van / close-ups please?

I just did my annual trip to Italy via Switzerland & came back via Austria / Germany and my Beach lights were shockingly bad - I've upgraded to better Philips H4 bulbs but they're still dire. The last night driving out of of Germany into Luxembourg it was chucking it down on a winding dual-carriageway & I could barely see the edge of the road (no cats-eyes either) so decided Something Must Be Done.

Dear All

many apologies for not replying to you earlier. I have been unwell in hospital.

All I can say really is that I do appreciate the more experienced guys on here and their comments. I take them all really seriously.
BUT.... I made an error when I bought my van. As beautiful and fantastic as it is, I forgot to check the front lights. The rear are LED and I simply assumed.
I do a lot of driving in some amazing cars as part of my business for BMW and Audi. Even my wife’s Mini Cooper S with full light pack. I simply realised that I can’t drive on such ridiculous lights.
I could have just changed the bulbs. With Travelin Lite. But I was able to afford the £620 conversion.
Yes, I realise there may be some issues. But I have now had conversations with over 5 MOT stations. All have no issue.
It’s your choice guys. I’ve retained the old ones obviously. If I sell the van to Upgrade I will obviously give them to the new owner for his decision.
Mind you, I’m unlikely to sell for some years.
A 2016 Ocean. With only 7,800 on the clock, on the number plate VW16 CAL...........

Currently no mention of not using LED bulbs in place of Halogen ones, HID is a no-no. This may change as some articles in the Motoring Press suggest.

Critical test will be in the actual beam test which is very specific in the new testing equipment.

DVSA MOT >>

Best wishes for a swift recovery @Rawly - I bought the halogen bulb version of 'your lights' myself & fitted them last week - thanks for the nudge.

LEDs are not for me, though should the need arise in the future I'm sure you could swap out your bulbs for standard H7 halogens anyway.

Back