Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Offered Engine update with service on my My2016 204 Diesel

kave

kave

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I booked a 60.000km service on my MY2016 204 HP DSG today.
They offered me updating the engines software to fix som issues with increased emissions.
After the update customers could notice increased Adblue consumption.
I don't know what to do, accept or reject? Since they are asking and I am not interested in reduced performance or increase consumption I said no.
Don't fix what is not broken.

VW in the UK have offered some £ compensation for the add blue consumption increase, there is a thread on here about it somewhere.

In Belgium, Audi gets a couple of free refills of AdBlue. Don't know how VW works because I don't have AdBlue in mine (luckily).

Hi if the workshop action is due on your vehicle in the UK you get 8 free adblue top ups. You will be a card to get stamped every time you come in. The update is due to high NOx emissions during dpf regeneration so the amount of adblue used increases as more will be used dying the dpf regen stage. The present software can cause a engine light to come on with a fault for NOx reduction below threshold. As with any tech these days it’s best to keep software up to date remember your vehicle is now a large piece of moving computerized technology

Ok, so no drop in performance or increased Diesel consumption then?

No drop in performance or fuel consumption that we have been told as dealers just increased adblue use

What California models need the workshop action ? Is it just the T6 204 engine .

My VW dealer in Switzerland wrote me a letter to say it needed the modification and they would do it when I want, they did it when it was in for service. I think I got 150CHF compensation for Ad Blue.

I decided to update. I later got a written mail from the Swedish VW distributor about this as well.
First half tank of diesel, didnt notice any increase in consimption.

Thanks for this. I’m having it done too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldnt do it myself. Was a real negative on the first time around. Refused it on my 177 passat.

Had it done and no difference to performance or consumption. The T6 has to be kept up to date as there are more computers and modules in vehicles to keep running. Get a dealer you trust and you will have no issues.

My T6 2016 204 was in for roof corrosion recall last week and nothing was mentioned about this. Either it did not apply to me or it was done without asking.

To what engines/manufacture date does this apply to?

...and nothing was mentioned about this. Either it did not apply to me or it was done without asking.
They must always inform you for recalls, especially for updates, and surely for engine updates, because when your engine is tuned, normally the update won't start, but in a single case, where the system doesn't recognise the tuning, it will fail your engine computer. So for engine updates they should inform you and ask you if you did some tuning or not.

My T6 2016 204 was in for roof corrosion recall last week and nothing was mentioned about this. Either it did not apply to me or it was done without asking.

To what engines/manufacture date does this apply to?

I have an 18 model 204 DSG 4Motion Beach. Called last week to book it in for oil change service on 25th July and was told when I turned up that, between the two dates the voluntary recall was issued. I will post here if I notice any adverse effects - not noticed any YET.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@kave did you get any adblue for free (or similar) like in the UK or didn’t apply in Sweden?

I think I got 10 refuelings of AdBlue for free. I didn’t put it on my mind very well since the price on Truckstations are 7skr/liter.

Back