Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oh darn.

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Two new front tyres needed for the car due to uneven wear. Tyres fitted. Flat tyre in the rear two days later - both rears needed replacing (a nail was too near the sidewall to repair, both were part worn on 5ish mm - I hate uneven tread tyres...). £550.

Then the missus reversed into a car in the supermarket today. Details exchanged, insurance costs will go mental despite minor damage.

Oh very darn.

Not long after she gouged the van too... :headbang :headbang

Ask her to buy you reversing sensors for Christmas :D

I've solved the size and the sodding parking dents that we keep getting by adding a Polo Bluemotion to the fleet! Expensive solution but seems to be keeping the Cali in better condition.

It has parking sensors! This was the NS rear wheel arch of both cars!

Any of you know about insurance? After the scrape earlier (light damage to our BM and the BM 1 series she scraped - both wheelarch area), she gave our insurance and contact details then took theirs. Do we wait to hear from them? Do we contact our insurers pronto to let them know what happened? If it was just our car, I'd fix it outside insurance but it isn't. The lady seemed fairly cordial - contact direct and pay for the damage? Just aware of being r4ped if we "dare" to claim but if they are claiming anyway, it might be best to get ours sorted via insurance too?! Any ideas?!

KernowLad said:
It has parking sensors! This was the NS rear wheel arch of both cars!

Any of you know about insurance? After the scrape earlier (light damage to our BM and the BM 1 series she scraped - both wheelarch area), she gave our insurance and contact details then took theirs. Do we wait to hear from them? Do we contact our insurers pronto to let them know what happened? If it was just our car, I'd fix it outside insurance but it isn't. The lady seemed fairly cordial - contact direct and pay for the damage? Just aware of being r4ped if we "dare" to claim but if they are claiming anyway, it might be best to get ours sorted via insurance too?! Any ideas?!

I'm sorry to hear about that - it's horrible when this happens.

Despite my recent events, I am not too good on insurance. If it involves more than one vehicle then someone is going to have admit liability.

Is the damage that bad?

James

If you know a good body shop see if the other person will get a quote and let you pay for the work.
Personally I'm not a fan of the big body shops that get all of the insurance work. It is as if they know they are going to get the business anyway.

It is amazing how much cheaper repairs outside an insurance claim for small nocks/dents might be worth looking around

Back