Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

On the T6 Ocean the plug socket right of cooker what is it

D

David Brooks

Hi all

the plug socket right of the cooker that says 240V I opened the lid and it is not UK what sort of adapter do I require?

Hi all

the plug socket right of the cooker that says 240V I opened the lid and it is not UK what sort of adapter do I require?
Is it at the Bottom of the B pilar behind the front passenger seat?
If so that is the Inverter socket, 150watts output. It converts 12v to 240v. It is a European socket Useful for LOW wattage items only.

Just bought an USB adaptor from the club shop, useful for charging the phone while parked.
I also have a multi adaptor, continental to UK that fits, as already stated low wattage items only.

Sorry a real newbie question, but just to be clear, there are 2 x 240v european sockets, 1 fixed to the side of "kitchen units" beside the 12v socket and 1 fixed to the "wall" behind the passenger seat... my question is which socket will run your normal wattage items... (sorry not very electrical minded)
Thanks in advance:)

The one beside the 12v socket will be the one that's live when you have a hookup. The one on the trim by the seat is the one that runs from the leisure batteries through the inverter

Sounds like you have a European speced van (not surprising in Ireland) and so the top socket on the end of the kitchen unit beside the 12v DC socket may well be a 230v AC Schuko plug socket which will only be powered when on hook-up

Looks like this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuko

On the other side of the Irish Sea we get a UK 13 amp 3 pin socket in this place.

Hope that helps.

Alan

Hi Alan
Thanks for your reply and your spot on. We must have a European spec and they are Schuko sockets alright.
So Volkswagen must fit out the Cali different in the UK compared to the other countries in Europe? Are there any other differences in the fit out I wonder?
Cheers
Frank