Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

One week old tomorrow

theonecraw

theonecraw

aka Rioja
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Here are some snaps of our Cali called 'Rioja'. We had the side and rear windows 5% tinted with SunTek yesterday as the factory tint was not dark enough. Decided to get the tail, front and fog lights tinted in Covex while I was there. Just need to treat myself to the front and rear spoilers and some side rails next. :thumb
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

View attachment 11747

Why would you want to make your rear lights and indicators dimmer and less easily seen is beyond me.

They are no dimmer snowy, that would be daft. The wrapping products are designed in such a way that they do not impair the factory fitted shields. They simply add a personal stamp to my Cali, after all, life would be terribly boring if we all looked and dressed the same. ;)

Sorry but I just don't understand this. If modern wrapping products do not decrease the light emitted then how do they manage this. Sounds like magic. If that is the case then why use them on windows etc: they should basically have no effect.
I note the Reversing light section appears unaffected? is that to maintain the light output?

As far as I can see this is a case of style over function. Personally, I prefer function.

Each to his own.:)

I would imagine if somebody ran into the back of you and claimed they didn't see your brake lights / indicators the insurance assessor would throw out your claim.
Have you informed your insurance company?

I would imagine if somebody ran into the back of you and claimed they didn't see your brake lights / indicators the insurance assessor would throw out your claim.
Have you informed your insurance company?

Legally speaking you have to have reflectors visible and you are all good. Notice the reflectors above the rear window and below the lights on the bumper. You'd be surprised as to how well the wraps let the light out but it's because of the micro honeycomb design. As for the reversing lights, we decided to cut them out as it looks good on the eye. Thanks for your opinions folks. Good to share candid comments. Each to their own indeed. :thumb

Last edited:
I just thought you'd spilt Rioja on them!

Great van by the way.

Looking very nice, I like the tint. Just be aware that a bike rack won't fit with a rear spoiler should you want to get one.

Back