Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Privacy Glass

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I am, like many others waiting for my new T6.1 Ocean, which is currently at the docks in Emden !! However, having looked at demos I am disappointed with the darkness of the privacy glass in the habitation area as it is not dark enough for our needs. I would like to get Limo tinted film fitted when it arrives. However, I understand there may be a problem as the rear windows are double glazed and there would be a difference in the shading. Also how do they fit the nearside rear window as the full height cupboard is in the way ? Can tinted film be fitted externally ?

Hi Rowls

Sorry to hear about the delay in getting your new Cali

There is reams an reams of posts on the Forum about window tinting and the respective issues and resolutions.
The search function will reveal all.

Happy reading

Thanks, I have searched and read loads of posts but to be honest still totally confused....on my T6.1 Ocean are all windows to the rear of the B pillar including the slider double glazed do you know ?

Sliders are single glazed, therefore creating the non uniform look vs the rears (and the wardrobe... That window isn't tinted, but the bit behind the sliding plastic blind can be.
AFAIK, Tints are only applied to the inside.
I'd try it with standard privacy and see how you go on.

I responded to your question in the other thread which will show you the issue and I posted a link regarding the ceramic tint.

I hope that helps

I just replied to another thread about this where theres mixed double glazing and none double glazing...

its the same on the T4 with double glazing, no matter what you do inside its the same result as light goes thought the outer glass which is heat resisting with a great big painted surround and reflected off the inner glass, external tint is the only solution although getting it to match the inner tint on the none double glazed glass could be an issue.

Or if you'r like me, I just vinyl'd with same colour as the van over all the rear windows, can't see the point in having a window behind the wardrobe and all the rear windows are insulated semi permanent anyway, which just leaves the side door and half of the kitchen window looking stupid.

Cupboard/wardrobe area is already dark, Tint on the remaining 'window' section will make it look the same. ie all double glazed windows will have the same appearance which is only different to the single glazed ones in certain light conditions. Nothing to worry about in my opinion.
fronts don't match the rear but nobody seems to worry about that ;)

Back