Original Ronal 15inch Alloy Wheels T4 Cali Event

qyouquestion

qyouquestion

Qyouquestion
VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi everyone,

I could do with any advice re replacing old alloy wheels on T4 Cali Westy Event 2002

I’ve been in the wars a bit so not been on this site for a while

I’m having problems sourcing original alloy wheel for the T4 westy event 2002 15 inch

First of all am I restricted to putting 15inch on the westy without adjustment to the vehicle ?

I have 205 65 R 15 C 5 X 112

I searched high and low for this design but to no avail, there are plenty of 16 inch T5 out there but unsure if these would fit

Please could you advise ?

Don’t want to buy a whole new set if I can help it thats £600 - £700

Only need one wheel like this

IMG_4397.jpeg

Hi,
Are you sure those are the original wheels for the Event model?

The westfalia info site doesn't mention Ronal wheels in 15" (and I know this maybe isn't the gospel, but it's normally a good source of info).
There's another site (https://www.t4-wiki.de/wiki/Rad), in german, but can be translated easily, with a lot of info on T4 wheels, can be useful for technical info.

The BBS wheel mentioned on both these sites was a 16" properly rated for the vehicle, these can be found normally without a lot of issue. I put these on my Cali Coach (which had originally 15" rims), without issue (you might need some spacers, mine came with some, but can't remember if i used them or not - long time ago!).
Examples of the original BBS 15 & 16" Cali wheels:

All that said, did find these looking like your example above on the german 'ebay' equivalent (I find this site a great source of T4 parts, but of course I get that its maybe not so easy from the UK post-brexit these days...):

Something to be careful with when changing wheels is to be in line with what the Certificate of Conformity for your vehicle states about wheel sizes - I'm not an expert on that, but I would imagine a visit to a reputable wheel/tyre supplier would be able to advise you as to what you can or can't put on.
Good luck with the search...

Thank you bxl, really appreciate all the information you sent. I’m not certain about the wheels but believe the special edition Westfalia’s had the alloys as standard
May not have been Ronals

I couldn’t work out from the T4 wiki weather it was saying you could have 16 inch on the camper or not

Thos Ronals on the ebay site would be perfect

Pretty sure you 'can' in the sense that they should fit (especially if you take something like the BBS that you know was an original fit on other T4 models), otherwise search out some of the 15" BBS. But if you opt for something else then be sure that they're correctly load rated - same goes for the tyres.

Depending your local technical control checks (like the MOT in the UK), how stringent they are on checking your wheel size compared to what the Certificate states, can determine how you proceed - also changing wheels can be an insurance issue if you don't inform them of a change (meaning if you're in a crash they might not pay-out if you're not running on conforming wheels) - again, not an expert, so you might need to ask around...