Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our First year of early retirement with our new cali beach

George Smith

George Smith

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi
I am George
My wife Arlene and I decided to retire at the start of 2018.
We had dreams of owning a VW campervan and after hiring a conversation in September 2017 for a few days we decided that the California Beach was the one for us.
We got the van in May and after a practice down in Southwold for 3 days toured The North of Scotland for three weeks. The weather was great and the scenery fantastic.
We also had 3 weeks in Europe stopping in the campsite in Ypres before heading down through France into Switzerland and Austria.
We are looking forward to next year for some more adventures

Welcome sounds like you had a great first year

Welcome , i’m hoping to ever make it to retirement and be healty to make lots of trips..

Aaaaah..... The beach in Switzerland. I did that. It was awesome. I'm upgrading to the ocean now. But I feel almost sad. My yellow beach stated everything that was great about life. Fun. Freedom. I will miss it sorely. Enjoy

Yes!!! early retirement ENJOY!!!!

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy that retirement.

Hi
I am George
My wife Arlene and I decided to retire at the start of 2018.
We had dreams of owning a VW campervan and after hiring a conversation in September 2017 for a few days we decided that the California Beach was the one for us.
We got the van in May and after a practice down in Southwold for 3 days toured The North of Scotland for three weeks. The weather was great and the scenery fantastic.
We also had 3 weeks in Europe stopping in the campsite in Ypres before heading down through France into Switzerland and Austria.
We are looking forward to next year for some more adventures

Welcome on board George. Yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel and best wishes for more adventures.

Have you seen this thread - just in case you are interested - https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/north-norway-finland-proposed-meet-up-september-2021.36922/ . Sure to be an adventure. :thumb

Back