Outside table - folding leg detail - help required

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Although I love my T4 Westy Exclusive van, it doesn't have the clever tricks like the chairs that slot into the tailgate nor the outside table in the sliding door that most of you enjoy in your T5s.

Mine has a small lift-up table permanently fitted, plus a larger 'fold down' table that waits secured in the wardrobe for its chance to shine. When fitted, this slots over the smaller lift-up table, so only has one leg. So I have to carry a third table for use outside!

I was watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XofW0heVIA4 and it got me wondering if I could use some of the folding legs shown to allow me to adapt my larger table for use outdoors.

My problem is I can't find any images of the underside of the standard Cali outside table, so don't know if this Maxxcamp thing is an adapted standard part, or something unique.

If you've followed me this far, could anyone see if there are part numbers on their fold-out legs, and also tell me the height to the underside of the table when in use?

Much appreciated. Other ways to skin the cat also considered.

I don't think the legs are available as a spare... I may be wrong but know people that have had the whole table replaced.

If you wanted to hack something up to try, you might want to look at these. I've a couple, they are not as good quality as the Cali ones, but operation very similar.

Rgds
M

Cheers. Did you mean to post a link (or I can't see one).........

wilupo7 said:
Cheers. Did you mean to post a link (or I can't see one).........

Argghhhh!!! It was early ;) (Well that's my excuse)

Here you go...

J16631-0_1.jpg

http://www.justkampers.com/deluxe-foldi ... table.html

That's a good spot, many thanks. If I whip the legs off one of these and fit them to my 'table in the cupboard', I may be onto a winner. Even if the VW legs were available I suspect they'd be this much EACH.