Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Overhead locker, damaged catch.

Pete M

Pete M

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I've had problems with opening the overhead locker since new, I assumed it was over dampened but after finding info on here it seems the hinge needs a bit of a tweak, this weekends job.
The problem I have is I've managed to dislodge/partially remove the righthand pivot pin on the catch that you pull to open the locker.
Wondered if anyone else has had the same problem and managed to fix it, if so a heads up would be cool
before I go scratching my head over it.
Cheers :D

Sad to see there haven't been any replies on this one. Mine is so hard to open, we barely use it... and every bit of space is valuable! Any one's got any ideas or advice on what could be the issue with these being so tight?

I've had problems with opening the overhead locker since new, I assumed it was over dampened but after finding info on here it seems the hinge needs a bit of a tweak, this weekends job.
The problem I have is I've managed to dislodge/partially remove the righthand pivot pin on the catch that you pull to open the locker.
Wondered if anyone else has had the same problem and managed to fix it, if so a heads up would be cool
before I go scratching my head over it.
Cheers :D
This is almost 4 years, old, but did you manage to fix yours?

Thanks!

Back