Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Overhead locker stuck

C

Campertastic61

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all, I can't open my overhead locker after a 200 mile drive. It feels like something inside has moved and jammed the catch which is only moving approx 50% of the normal amount. I have tried the usual fix of pushing the entire locker back before opening. It usually requires no force if pushed back before using the catch, but now not the case and I don't want to force and break it. Any tips before I try again in the morning? TIA

Hi all, I can't open my overhead locker after a 200 mile drive. It feels like something inside has moved and jammed the catch which is only moving approx 50% of the normal amount. I have tried the usual fix of pushing the entire locker back before opening. It usually requires no force if pushed back before using the catch, but now not the case and I don't want to force and break it. Any tips before I try again in the morning? TIA
We have had the same thing and managed to open it after levelling the van,
and pushing the whole unit towards back of van.

Yes that’s what I normally do but not working for me today. With the bed up there is a panel above the catch. Can this be used in some way to release it?

For anyone interested I solved the problem. If your catch won't open it is possible to gently flex the board covering the locker in the middle enough to open it with the catch not working. Do this with the bed in the raised position.

Once in I found the tip of a cable tie had got jammed in the lock mechanism preventing it for working. Pulled it out and all is good now.

Back