Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Overhead rear locker cupboard

dxhanley

dxhanley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi folks, with lockdown my attention is turning to those pesky issues in the campervan.

My overhead storage cupboard is playing up - its a pain to open and now sort of hangs down on the left hand side when closed - I've seen some great posts on problems with this box and also links to OEM/VW websites to get replacement parts.

I've posted a picture of where I think the problem is, on the left hand side of the box there seems to be a "washer with a screw thread" loose in the groove.......I'm wondering if its fallen down from further up in the mechanism?...........my gut feel is I have to pull the whole cupboard off and return the washer to its rightful position - but I'm hesitant to do this before getting any thoughts and ideas from the forum.......

I guess I'm looking for encouragement to take the job on.......I have the time now for a few weeks!!!

PS - I know I can get parts from the link below or direct from VW http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl.../068/subcategory/68050/part_id/0/lang/e#sec_1

IMG_8415.JPG

This looks odd. Mine is in the attached photos, but I couldn’t get a good angle to show that part, which I think fits into a horizontal slot in the plastic toothed track attached to the roof @WelshGas seems to have a load of very helpful parts diagrams which may help clarify.
4D859CC0-7139-45FA-BC8E-21CDC1C302FD.jpegA2E310D22-E23A-40AD-B8FF-D5ACEDE940DA.jpeg

thanks - that confirms that part has come astray at some point.........