Overnight stopovers for FREE!

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Just returned form the Camping & Caravan Show at NEC where as well as purchasing a whisk for making "Frappe Coffee" which we'll probabaly never use (why is it so easy to get sucked in at shows to buy "stuff!"?), we also subsribed to BRITSTOPS which gives you a guide book with locations of pubs, vineyards, breweries, craft ski and antique centres etc, which offer FREE overnight stopovers for motorhomes. It's based on The French Passion Guide which has been going for 18 years. It costs £25 for a year so with two nights stopovers, it would cover its outlay. Probably a better outlay than £10 on a whisk!! More info at http://www.britstops.com :thumb

Looked at the map....does not seem that many stop overs......

I tend to just park and sleep.....most of the time your simply a curiosity....

Looks good, will check them out. I've used www.wildcamping.co.uk before too (tho in the Splitty, not the Cali) and I'd be nervous about putting the roof up just anywhere.

ymy8upy9.jpg

Wildcamping has a downloadable .kmz file which you can import to google earth or sat navs

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AndyFromTheBrac said:
Looks good, will check them out. I've used http://www.wildcamping.co.uk before too (tho in the Splitty, not the Cali) and I'd be nervous about putting the roof up just anywhere.

ymy8upy9.jpg

Wildcamping has a downloadable .kmz file which you can import to google earth or sat navs

Andy

I was thinking about joining that, do you think its worth the subscription? (is these a good number of sites)

We're on wildcamping.co.uk and have stopped at several of their wild POIs in England. We'd say it is well worth the small annual fee; have been to one of their rallies and found our Cali was the smallest vehicle there!

Not had any problems about putting the top up when wild camping in UK, we must have been to about a dozen of their wild POIs last year. We did arrive at one lovely POI in Cumbria only to have it fill up with gypsies soon after (it was Appleby fair time) so we moved to another POI off the beaten track.

Oh its def worth the fee. Very useful. Like Geoff says there's literally hundreds and hundreds of locations. Being abroad, haven't used them for a few years, but fully intend to do so from May onwards. Especially good if you're doing a long trip and fancy a couple of stopovers en-route (an absolute necessity in a 50mph @max Splitty!).

You can have a good look at the spots on Google Earth, so it really takes any uncertainty out of the location, too.

Sorry, I should have clarified; what I meant was that I'd not put my roof up anywhere, but using the wildcamping locations (& probably BritStops) would be fine

Back