Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parcel-Shelf Prop Too Long?

2CV67

2CV67

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Anybody else find the parcel shelf prop is much too long?
We keep our bedding on the shelf & even with the rear headrests removed it is a real struggle to lift the shelf high enough to fit the prop, compressing the bedding against the back seat & crushing boxes underneath with the front edge of the shelf which overhangs.
That may be how we keep losing the rubber buffers from the front of the shelf...

To get at stuff under the shelf, lifting it half as high would be better.

I wonder how feasible it is to shorten the prop, or add another peg?

I know what you mean I tend to bend over and pull things out and do not even try and hold up the bit where the mattress sits when loaded. Some where I have seen a pull out draw that fits into the rails which looks usful it was expesive (£500ish) but lwould like one, think a member on here make one but I am not that practical
I would be intrested in one if the forum shop made one.

HY09UMU said:
I know what you mean I tend to bend over and pull things out and do not even try and hold up the bit where the mattress sits when loaded. Some where I have seen a pull out draw that fits into the rails which looks usful it was expesive (£500ish) but lwould like one, think a member on here make one but I am not that practical

One of our euroean members made a slide out drawer system for the boot of his cali. Unfortunately his photos are no longer visable.
One of the beach pods may fit ?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Andy said:
HY09UMU said:

One of our euroean members made a slide out drawer system for the boot of his cali. Unfortunately his photos are no longer visable.

Is this it?
http://tinyurl.com/pvvsgzt
Alan

AlanC said:
Andy said:
HY09UMU said:

Is this it?
http://tinyurl.com/pvvsgzt
Alan

That looks like it yes.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I finally got around to fixing my problem.
This is the original prop and the plastic boxes which get crushed by the front edge of the shelf if you raise it that far.
LnNTBR.jpg

This is the newly-bent prop which allows lifting the shelf far enough for easy access without damaging the boxes.
WWfzdX.jpg

There is still a highish position if required.
SGaufL.jpg

And it still clips in the original retainer...
r6gGbi.jpg

So I can cross that one off the list!

Last edited:
You learn something new everyday. Didn't even know there was a prop.:headbang

Ours is too full of mattresses to lift it anywhere...

Nice job , but don't see me ever lifting it ...i got plastic krates underneeth and just slide them out and back in to get something out of it .
What i find annoing is that the metal shelf does not fits on the floor of the booth ,
Say you need to transport a high or heavy load that fits the booth and you need the space in front of the rear seats , so you can't push it forwards.
That damn metal shelf is a pain in the ass , would like to find a solution for it .

I finally got around to fixing my problem.
This is the original prop and the plastic boxes which get crushed by the front edge of the shelf if you raise it that far.
LnNTBR.jpg

This is the newly-bent prop which allows lifting the shelf far enough for easy access without damaging the boxes.
WWfzdX.jpg

There is still a highish position if required.
SGaufL.jpg

And it still clips in the original retainer...
r6gGbi.jpg

So I can cross that one off the list!
Very interested in this modification.
How did you put the new bend in the prop without snapping it or damaging the plastic coating?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Back