Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking at Heathrow

Martyn 4950

Martyn 4950

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi . Im picking partner up at Heathrow airport , Terminal 2.
Can anyone give me any tips as I am not familiar with area
For example , will my Cali actually get in to a car park
Is there any free parking for a quick pick up

Your tips are appreciated

Thanks

Martyn

Thanks

Martyn
Check on the Heathrow website. There are short stay parking at each terminal. No private vehicle pick up as far as I am aware.

Thanks

Martyn

Martyn, if only picking up one person, ask them to come to the departures parking on the top and you can pick them up from there. The fastest and the easiest way ... without any height restrictions ... just that you cannot wait there for long. If you have to wait, OK to drive round the terminals and come back when your passenger has arrived.

As far as I remember, the height restriction is 2m, which, technically is OK for a Cali but have not been there in a long time.

Another option is - there is parking on the lowest floor for vehicles upto 3m. You can use that.

When approaching T2 (after the tunnel into Heathrow),
- if you want to park in the overheight vehicle area, keep to the left. Follow the BUS marking.
- if you want to go to the departure area, take the right lane and then keep left to go to the top floor departures area.
- if you want to go to the normal parking area, take the right lane and then keep right to go to the normal parking area.

Hope that makes sense :)

Martyn, if only picking up one person, ask them to come to the departures parking on the top and you can pick them up from there. The fastest and the easiest way ... without any height restrictions ... just that you cannot wait there for long. If you have to wait, OK to drive round the terminals and come back when your passenger has arrived.

As far as I remember, the height restriction is 2m, which, technically is OK for a Cali but have not been there in a long time.

Another option is - there is parking on the lowest floor for vehicles upto 3m. You can use that.

- if you want to park in the overheight vehicle area, keep to the left. Follow the BUS marking.
- if you want to go to the departure area, take the right lane and then keep left to go to the top floor departures area.
- if you want to go to the normal parking area, take the right lane and then keep right to go to the normal parking area.

Y

Thank you very much for your advice
Regards
Martyn

T2 also has high sided vehicle parking in Short Stay. Sign posted at normal car park entrance :)

YouTube is your friend here ...... There are videos available to show exact routes including lane guidance for entry to car parks and levels, I’ve used this for pick ups at T2 in my van so height not a problem ........ Payment required though. Just to add be very wary of pick up at departure level as penalties apply. :thumb

Hi, just to add I picked up a friend last Dec. and used the car park, no height problems at all.
You Tube has a good drive right into the car park but the taxis now have the nearest bays

Last edited:
Hi, just to add I picked up a friend last Dec. and used the car park, no height problems at all.
You Tube has a good drive right into the car park but the taxis now have the nearest bays

Thats great ....thankyou