Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking heater?

Most seem to have them fitted, but not all, so it's something to look out for.

They work well, rarely have the thermostat above a 1/4. The Eber D2L/B2Ls on the early vans can be a little noisy outside (they sound like a jet engine!) and there is a fuel smell, I don't remember what model is on the later vans, probably the D3. They should be serviced, but I doubt many are.

Mine started playing up last year, some parts are available, others aren't, but my own view is that they have a finite life. But then mine is getting on for 23 years old, so I shouldn't complain (but I'm still going to!)

dan

Hi,

Optional extra, I think.

We bought the van 2 years ago with the heater not working. Always had a view to repair or replace it but a couple of months ago I thought I would give it a go and it fired up perfectly! Worked fine ever since :thumb Really good heat from it (I have been turning it on 20 minutes before I leave in the mornings to clear the frost from all the windows!) - As Dan says it does sound like a jet engine from the outside!
If you do get one make sure to check which way the flexible exhaust is facing....We had the mother-in-law camping with us (us in the van, her in the drive away awning/tent) and it wasn't until that point we found that the exhaust was pointing toward the sliding door! She thought we were trying to gas her! :doh

Liz and Jim

Heaters were an optional extra on the basic models and std on the models with the winter pack

Mine had a Webasto fitted to it I tried to get it fixed with no joy, I fitted a propex in the end that works of gas or mains hook up very happy with it and pretty quite to!

Back