Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking heater for the beach

easy crew

easy crew

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi
I recently purchased a t5 beach and my first major accessory is going to be a parking heater (I have a baby and a toddler)
Looking at webasto v D2 air tronic. They look similar and sound similar. Struggling to find anyone to fit. Anyone know of somewhere that can fit before Christmas?
Thanks

thanks for that.
I'm not very good with choices and decisions though so will probably stick to either webasto or the D2 air tronic. If I can find someone to fit

These are commonly fitted in Conversions so it might be worth checking your local Campervan Converters.
Your in London so you could try these.
But check them out first.

image.jpg

Great, will look into it tomorrow. Thanks for the info. Have you got a parking heater in yours?

These are commonly fitted in Conversions so it might be worth checking your local Campervan Converters.
Your in London so you could try these.
But check them out first.

View attachment 9761
oops, just seen you've got an SE so its standard isn't it? I'm coming from a Bay so its all a bit new for me.

We've had a webasto fitted in ours, had the work carried out in may, by Dirty Weekender in Worcester.
Only used it once so far but we were impressed, We'll be getting a lot of use from it soon as we're off to Norway.

Dirty Weekender are good. My son commissioned them to supply and convert a T5. They did a very impressive job, complete with an external gas fitting to plug in a gas barbacue. He also had a Parking Heater fitted. :thumb

Me and my mate fitted an Eberspacher D2 Internal unit to my T4 Syncro last year for our trip to Norway. Its not as hard as you might think to do it yourself. Its worth its weight in gold though. It kept us toasty on a few frosty nights.

If you haven't found anybody to fit your parking heater yet I might be able to help. I'm down in Devon so not the closest but I can retro fit it into your beach like any other converter would or... I can do a factory style fit using all the genuine vw parts and ducting. It a bit more expencieve but done exactly the same way vw do it. With regards webasto vs eberspacher.... there isn't much in it. Personally I prefer webasto controllers but they generally cost a tiny bit more.

We've had a webasto fitted in ours, had the work carried out in may, by Dirty Weekender in Worcester.
Only used it once so far but we were impressed, We'll be getting a lot of use from it soon as we're off to Norway.
Hi - am thinking of using Dirty weekender to fit a webasto airtop 2000 heater in my 2014 beach. Would you reccomend them? Have you had any issues with the heater? and which one did you have fitted?

Hi - am thinking of using Dirty weekender to fit a webasto airtop 2000 heater in my 2014 beach. Would you reccomend them? Have you had any issues with the heater? and which one did you have fitted?
My son has a T5 conversion from them , with Heater, and it has been faultless. In fact he is going to get another from them in the near future.

DW did mine about 3 maybe 4 years ago.
It’s still going strong and they did a great job.
If I needed to do it again, I would consider Slidepods factory style refit

Back