Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking with Thule case in car parks in Warsaw, Prague & Krakow

Canary Bird

Canary Bird

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello all! Safe travels this summer if you get to the continent! My family of 4 is planning to leave from Tenerife on Thursday/16July and ferry to Huelva and do our normal summer trip around Europe ... but this year the family wants to goto Poland, Hungry, Eslovania, Croatia, Slovakia & Chech Republic. With campsite distance, prices, and logistics, we are staying in apartments in Warsaw, Krakow & Prague and have spots at car parks reserved ... 7 nights total. We have a grey Thule case we put on the bike rack in the back for bedding and extra replaceable low value stuff. We are traveling until August 20 and like the freed up space the Thule gives us for regular camping and traveling.

Could I ask? Are we nuts to think we won't get robbed in those car parks? Any security suggestions, besides attaching a pitbull terrier to the Thule case? :)

I wouldn’t leave that on the van overnight in any car park. Can you take it off and store it in the apartment?

What about removing it and store it inside the van - passenger compartment, during the night?

thanks for your ideas ....
removing case & putting in van ... thule case is huge and requires all be taken out of it in order to remove it ... then put back in, then probably fit in real tight inside van ... then repeat process next day ... 40 minutes total work ... 2 hours of energy :)

Back