Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Particles in the water

D

dale6

VIP Member
Hi,
I have flushed the system through several times and through the tap as well and I'm still finding particles in the water. Looks like translucent skin floating in it.
It's only a year old and first owners had taken very good care of it.
Any ideas how to shift it as I don't fancy drinking from it as we have a child and worries if it's harmful.
Any help is welcome.
I've also used a sterilising tablet.
Thanks

We never ever drink the water from the tap anyway, we just use it for boiling and washing our hands. Even if it was crystal clear we would still not trust drinking it same as we would not drink the water that comes from our tank at home in the loft

I tend to follow the reply above. Regarding cleaning, do go for a good drive around once your tablets have dissolved as your problem area could be on a surface not normally in contact with the water when 'at rest'.

I would open the drain tap then remove the tank lid and hose it out thouroghly until it comes out the overflow making sure I hit the inside of the tank with the water jet :thumb

Sounds like white mould, bit of a bugger to get rid of sorry.
As said before, give the tank a solid flush out and also run the taps as much as you can.
Did you leave water in the tank and/or lines for a while ?
I always empty tank and run tap to empty lines , leave drains open as well if van not parked outside. Every other trip i run milton through the tank (make it up then fill tank and leave for a couple of hours). Basically throughput should eventually clear it.

Back