Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parts identification - what does the rubber stopper that goes here look like (and do you know the part number) - from the T6 sliding window blind?

• Thread starter WaikatoCalifornia
  • Start date
WaikatoCalifornia

WaikatoCalifornia

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hello, I am trying to replace the wee rubber stopper that attaches to the moulded bumps on the back of the window blind (which some people call the spice rack blind) that slides in and out of the wardrobe, as pictured. I know what it looks like but somehow I have lost it, and the folks at my local VW dealer can’t seem to locate the part number, so I can’t order a replacement. A photo and/or a part number would be helpful if anyone knows. If you have one on your T5/T6/T6.1, it is easy to unclip and clip back on (you may not even need to take the blind out). With a photo, I could perhaps ask them to look through their schematics, which are more detailed than what I have. I showed this photo in a related note but didn’t get any replies, hoping asking the question this way may uncover something. Thank you.

IMG_0729.jpeg

Hmmm interesting.
I replaced my flat blind (T6) for the spice rack version and I can't recall a rubber stopper on either. Sorry I can't help any further but food for thought for one of us and you seem convinced.

Hmmm interesting.
I replaced my flat blind (T6) for the spice rack version and I can't recall a rubber stopper on either. Sorry I can't help any further but food for thought for one of us and you seem convinced.
Hi Ocean Spirit, thanks for your reply. I appreciate that. You may be right; I know there was one on my old T6 which had the standard (no spice rack) blind as it was there when I upgraded it to a spice rack, but maybe they aren’t on the T6.1 (which I now have). I did notice that the non spice rack blind had ever so slightly different dimensions to the spice rack one. I am not looking for the part just for completeness, as it works well enough without it, but it does slide back and forth as I accelerate and brake, and I’m hoping the stopper helps prevent that.

Don't recall seeing one on ours, swapped the blind for the spice rack, its quiet tight and doesn't move, we never slide it away anyway.

Hello, I am trying to replace the wee rubber stopper that attaches to the moulded bumps on the back of the window blind (which some people call the spice rack blind) that slides in and out of the wardrobe, as pictured. I know what it looks like but somehow I have lost it, and the folks at my local VW dealer can’t seem to locate the part number, so I can’t order a replacement. A photo and/or a part number would be helpful if anyone knows. If you have one on your T5/T6/T6.1, it is easy to unclip and clip back on (you may not even need to take the blind out). With a photo, I could perhaps ask them to look through their schematics, which are more detailed than what I have. I showed this photo in a related note but didn’t get any replies, hoping asking the question this way may uncover something. Thank you.

View attachment 110806
Nothing on the LLL parts catalogue for T6 or T6.1 as a separate item. If there is one probably have to buy the complete blind.
Probably easier to make something out of a rubberised foam material and glue on.

Back