Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Picked up our California Ocean today!

Kaowyn

Kaowyn

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
0FBD6AEE-DD55-4ECB-85FF-B8CC4BEA0847.jpeg
CC989270-FA0F-40C1-8F9F-606583300595.jpeg7388A147-109F-44B5-89DD-70964F775A24.jpeg6B201743-ABB2-43CF-A9D7-254A9CCA1705.jpeg2912C5B3-E112-46CB-BB56-9088E54CA8E2.jpeg

So here is our newest member of the family. California Ocean 204 TDI 7sp DSG in Starlight Blue bought from Hereford Vertu Van Centre and picked up today. Shout out to Simon and Lewis from Vertu Van Centre Hereford who were great and another shout out to Lizzy, Shaun and Bentley from A Bus and Beyond whose comprehensive videos about holidaying with a Cali and a dog were instrumental in encouraging us to do the same thing. For completeness, we have called our Cali ‘Idris’ as we believe she embodies a TARDIS.

Can’t wait to embrace the lifestyle and meet some of you good peeps on the road.

Kaowyn, Draig and Fleur the dog

Smooth Cali , welcome !

Wow. How exciting a day was that. Welcome. Same colour as me although mine has some 'USAGE' marks now.

IMG_20190413_193630.jpg

Thank you all for a kind welcome. Flying Banana, your van looks fantastic (and the only way to avoid usage marks entirely is not to use the van...and boo to that!).

Thank you all for a kind welcome. Flying Banana, your van looks fantastic (and the only way to avoid usage marks entirely is not to use the van...and boo to that!).
Welcome and well done fo r posting some pictures :welcome:welcome

I like that color "Starlight Blue" I picked up my new California last week!
nVqOv5n.jpg

Great! Welcome to a new world and experience for you! So do you have a driveway? Will you be staying in Idris tonight - helps you sort out what you do and don't need to take away with you without burning any bridges.
Exciting!!!!

Welcome and great pics - looks like Idris is posing! nearly a year since we did the same, and A Bus and Beyond tempted us to throw caution to the wind and buy one. Haven't looked back one minute. Enjoy your travels

:welcome Nice looking van you have there, I must admit that colour suits the Cali :cool:

Last edited:
View attachment 43704
View attachment 43696View attachment 43691View attachment 43692View attachment 43694

So here is our newest member of the family. California Ocean 204 TDI 7sp DSG in Starlight Blue bought from Hereford Vertu Van Centre and picked up today. Shout out to Simon and Lewis from Vertu Van Centre Hereford who were great and another shout out to Lizzy, Shaun and Bentley from A Bus and Beyond whose comprehensive videos about holidaying with a Cali and a dog were instrumental in encouraging us to do the same thing. For completeness, we have called our Cali ‘Idris’ as we believe she embodies a TARDIS.

Can’t wait to embrace the lifestyle and meet some of you good peeps on the road.

Nice bus, does the front canvas open? I thought that was standard on MY19 built Oceans.

:welcomeDon’t forget to wave at all the other Calis you see on your travels :thumb

Lovely to hear guys, thank you very much. You have a fantastic Cali there! Enjoy your adventures!

Nice bus, does the front canvas open? I thought that was standard on MY19 built Oceans.
1B7B8015-9722-41C4-98B4-800123ABE656.jpeg

Sandyvan, sorry for hopelessly late reply.

Yes, the front canvas opens with zips and then folds down a little awkwardly. I am sure there is a knack to it.

It must be an MY18 canvas, looking at your picture. The Cali is on a 19 plate though (bought it in April) but we bought what was there, rather than ordered it, so maybe an MY18 model? In any event, we are loving it and I don’t think we’d have held off the purchase on account of the canvas, but thanks for the information.

It must be an MY18 canvas, looking at your picture. The Cali is on a 19 plate though (bought it in April) but we bought what was there, rather than ordered it, so maybe an MY18 model? In any event, we are loving it and I don’t think we’d have held off the purchase on account of the canvas, but thanks for the information.

We have the new canvas, just been three weeks in Europe and did not open it once, so don't worry. Its a bit of a gimmick me thinks. I did not know it had it until it arrived and like you would not miss it if it were not there. enjoy the van :thumb

Back