Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Picking up new Cali next week

N

NZCol

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Woo hoo, picking up our new Cali next Wednesday. We had one in NZ which we so,d earlier this year and as we are relocating to Edinburgh as soon as we sold we bought another one. Dave tells me he managed to accidentally order it twice as well so there is an almost identical one for sale in Edinburgh. Our is night blue 180 manual 4motion with mfsw, climatronic, lowered 30mm, delete elec door, reverse camera, dab, mudflaps, privacy glass and timaru alloys with all weather tyres plus a set of winter wheels. We did about 10000kms in our Cali in a few months and we will take it away for all of August-can't wait. Will post photos when we get it.

I'll look out for your old one in Wellington!

My Beach survived the journey in the container and Sunny Yellow is a great colour for NZ. MPI (Port Inspection) managed to dislodge the wiring for towbar electrics when they took off the spare wheel to inspect it and caused a short which stopped the tail lights and sidelights from working, so it had to go to VW to fix before it passed the warranty of fitness.

Looking forward to the longer nights and an opportunity to take it away for a few days.

Andy

My old one is in whitianga now, great place to visit. Your beach will be unique.

NZCol, Goldie. did you have any problems importing to NZ? I've heard reports of problems with Butane gas passing the regulations.

Does anyone else have any experience exporting to Australia, specifically Victoria?

fred said:
NZCol, Goldie. did you have any problems importing to NZ? I've heard reports of problems with Butane gas passing the regulations.

Does anyone else have any experience exporting to Australia, specifically Victoria?

Fred,

Mines a Beach so no problem with Butane. I'm putting a pod in mine and bought a SMEV unit in UK and it is labelled for both Butane at 28 mBar (2.8 kpa) and Propane (LPG) at 30 mBar (3.0 kpa). As it is LPG out here you need the 3.0 kpa regulator / adapter and a bottle that fits into the gas safe locker. I know they have to convert the Cali when it arrives in NZ to meet local regulations. You would need to check that the gas units are certified for LPG.

I'm sure the full fat Cali brigade should be able to advise on that.

Andy

A Cali in NZ can never meet the gas regs as there are no gas cylinders small enough to let you close the locker lid. Therefore even for a nz new which I had you just wing it. You have to replace the reg which is a 2 minute job. In theory to get an electrical cert you also need to replace the rcds but nobody does. All the valid I have as that are imported are the same so bring one in and don't worry about it.

Boom here she is - night blue, Timaru wheels which were a punt but look good, lowered, manual 4 motion, climatronic, mfsw, dab plus, reverse camera and other options I forget. Lovely van.

image.jpg

Nice van, you must be thrilled to finally have a Cali again. Enjoy your travels, we'll keep an eye out for you on the Scottish roads. :D

Manual 180 4motion - good choice!! :mrgreen:

Enjoy! :thumb

Back