Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Picnic Spots in Cumbria, Lancs, North Yorks, Northumberland, County Durham...

Rupes

Rupes

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi everyone

I'm still in my pre-owner dreaming and planning phase - only another 4-6 weeks to wait now.

I'm planning a family picnic meet and looking for great picnic locations where I can park up for a few hours, roll out the awning, get out table and chairs and have a leisurely picnic.

Ideally somewhere reasonably quiet and with a view.

Familiy members will include grandparents, who won't want to venture too far from vehicle, and grandchildren and dog who will want some space to frolic, within sight of vehicle.

My area of search is within around an hour's drive of Windermere.

Any suggestions?

1. Helsington church - Google for details - peaceful, amazing views of the fells and space for kids to run about

2. Take the ferry over Windermere from Bowness, then drive around by the side of the lake. You can park (for free!) right by the lake side. There are lovely walks from here too. The easiest way to get directions is by using the 1:25000 scale OS map - but you know you're on the right track if you get the lake on the right as you drive along.

Please keep these spots top secret! - we live round here and use both regularly - of course the busier they get the less attractive they become

Enjoy!

Ian

Thanks. Good suggestions. I know the lake-side road you suggested but hadn't thought of it.

Don't worry - I won't tell a soul.

Back