Pizza 2-GO!

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
We love good food and that includes pizza. And as some of you might remember I was so eager to bake the perfect pizza, that I installed a thermometer in the lid on poor Cadac … to wish Iben later commented: "Why have you made a hole in our wok?" … well. Took a while to explain.

BUT now we found this new gadget Roccbox – a real portable stone oven that runs on gas (Campingaz 907 or larger bottles) or wood. Reaches 500º (+930F) with ease and did I say its portable. You can bring it in the boot of your Cali. Maybe not on the long trips – or why not?

I couldn't resist and ordered one. It's not only a true master in the making of a pizza. It is also usable as an oven. The regulator on the gas unit and the thermometer makes it easy to control the temperatures you want. Hot for Pizza or warm for a fish or meat. You decide.

One minute in the oven and pizza was done.

Iben took these nice pictures for my Blogpost on the Danish Forum.

@MattBW: Sorry couldn't resist and keep it secret no longer – but I will bring it to Bornholm if you come :)

Pizza_3.jpg
Pizza_5.jpg
Pizza_4.jpg
Pizza_6.jpg
Pizza_7.jpgPizza_8.jpgPizza_2.jpgPizza_1.jpg

We saw it allready on your Danish FB group ...at least Kathy pointed me to it . I'm not on FB
Looks good , and delicious i guess....
How many can you make in 1h , we will be hungry at the meet ;)

Looks good but I knew it was going to be expensive when the price was at the end on the order page. not cheap

We saw it allready on your Danish FB group ...at least Kathy pointed me to it . I'm not on FB
Looks good , and delicious i guess....
How many can you make in 1h , we will be hungry at the meet ;)

It is faster to make a pizza than you can eat it - so I think you will be full at some point :cheers

We also have one, had it for almost two years now & absolutely love it. Don’t often take it in the cali though. Maybe that’ll change once I finally pull the trigger on the storage cover

We also have one, had it for almost two years now & absolutely love it. Don’t often take it in the cali though. Maybe that’ll change once I finally pull the trigger on the storage cover
We have a drawer in the boot, that makes it a lot easier :)

I’ve recently bought an Ooni Koda and am happy to recommend it, it’s easily portable and runs off of the gas bottle that is in the van so doesn’t take up to much space in the van.

After reading a number of articles that said it was very difficult taste whether they pizza was cooked in a wood or gas oven I decided that gas only is good enough.

Additional considerations were less to pack as no chimney and no worry about which way the smoke is blowing as there isn’t any with gas other than when I catch the pizza on fire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic, I do have the pizza stone for our Cadac but we have never used it as it seems a bit difficult to get the temperature right.

I am now very hungry after reading this thread, hope to get to the meet to sample some pizza ;)

We've got a Roccbox too. They're great.

Cooking on gas is cheating though. Wood fired every time...

Best pizzas in the world if you get your dough right ;)