Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Planet Earth 2 - What wonders have you seen?

LowMan

LowMan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
So...the truly magnificent Planet Earth 2 series is set to return to our screens. 10 years after the original series.

Can't help feeling it's the kind of series we all need in our lives right now. Plus, I don't know about you, but there isn't a dry eye in our house each time we catch a glimpse of the incredible trailer!!

But it got us thinking....what natural wonders has your Cali helped you be lucky enough to encounter?

Would love to hear any inspirational tales, and bonus points for photos.

Thank you first for the reminder of what is coming on our televisions. The world is indeed a marvellous, magical place and I for one feel so privileged to have had the opportunity to explore even a small glimpse of this amazing planet.

I will put my thinking hat on and see what pics I have.

My most immediate thought is waking up on the Mull of Kintyre, no one for miles around, the sun rising behind me, Ireland bathed in that weak early morning sunlight, and the feeling of being free again, young again, at home with nature again.

Kestrel from the van a few weeks ago, nature watching from the van somewhere most weeks.kestral6.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice mental image you compose there GJ. Moments like that, if you have the patience to absorb them, are truly unforgettable.

....and nice pic Andy. Look forward to more :thumb

We sit back in our Cali and watch those into mountain biking, wind surfing kite surfing etc etc. I enjoy a good walk but our van is not an action packed fast passed lifestyle. It enables us to see the countryside the seaside and coast. Places of interest and nature hot spots.

What I love is the views in all weathers.

IMG_3573.JPG It was lovely to see Ospreys at Rutland Water in July (photo taken from a screen in a hide).

Long time travelling around the world and I was lucky to see/live amazing places but pretty new in the Cali arena, just since last year I bought it,

Because I'm an expat in UK, who will leave this country sooner than later, the first year with my Cali my half and me made lot of miles around your country, and we had the chance to visit amazing places with, for us, are in someway exotics: Scotish coners including Orkney Islands, Lake District, North York Moors, seals in Norfolk, etc...

Special mention to Welsh where, we traveled hard, althougth not as hard as we would: Brecon Beacons, St. Davids area, Snowdonia.... and more.

One thing I'm pending to do before I leave to my country: see the boreal aurora in UK... don't know whether I'll be that lucky, but I'll try.

....One thing I'm pending to do before I leave to my country: see the boreal aurora in UK... don't know whether I'll be that lucky, but I'll try.
Oh yes. I think if we were lucky enough to see the Aurora Borealis on our travels, I don't think we'd ever stop talking about it. One day....hopefully!

"Orkney Islands"
-----
Wanting to visit Mainland Orkney & Fair Island. Could I ask if you have any suggestions or thoughts from your travel? :) ... I'd appreciate any ideas.

Oh yes. I think if we were lucky enough to see the Aurora Borealis on our travels, I don't think we'd ever stop talking about it. One day....hopefully!
That's on our list too. I'd love to get the Cali to Iceland but the end of the t has probably put paid to that. Maybe Finland instead.

Dervish dance in istanbul, trance like, very amazing, btw one of UNESCO treasures

Back