Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop top canvas replacement

J

Julie123

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi
Has anyone replaced the canvas on the poptop?
2006 VW California. We are struggling to find anyone to replace the canvas or indeed the pop top.

Hi
Has anyone replaced the canvas on the poptop?
2006 VW California. We are struggling to find anyone to replace the canvas or indeed the pop top.
Yes, I’ve done it - it is a bit fiddly but a very easy job requiring almost no special equipment or tools.

A new set of bellows if about £700 from a main dealer.

New bellows transforms an older Cali!

So if I want to replace the patched but not leaking (canvas) bellows on a 2011 SE where would I get a new one? If I go to a dealer will they supply a new (leaky) part? How would I know? Are there likely to be original parts obtainable elsewhere.

So if I want to replace the patched but not leaking (canvas) bellows on a 2011 SE where would I get a new one? If I go to a dealer will they supply a new (leaky) part? How would I know? Are there likely to be original parts obtainable elsewhere.
All VW have to ship is the new leaky bellows.

I doubt you will find an original one...

All VW have to ship is the new leaky bellows.

I doubt you will find an original one...
We’ll that’s if you specify the current revision of the bellows.

You might still be able to order an old single skin canvas if you go through the parts catalogue to find the number.

Or, if you just call your local dealer with your VIN, they may be able to sort you the old pattern one from stock.

You won’t find one from any aftermarket or stock clearance outfits - too niche I think.

We’ll that’s if you specify the current revision of the bellows.

You might still be able to order an old single skin canvas if you go through the parts catalogue to find the number.

Or, if you just call your local dealer with your VIN, they may be able to sort you the old pattern one from stock.

You won’t find one from any aftermarket or stock clearance outfits - too niche I think.
I would say highly unlikely and any that might have been available are long gone on the back of this debacle. I doubt dealers keep a bulky item like the bellows in stock and order directly from the wholesaler when needed.

I would say highly unlikely and any that might have been available are long gone on the back of this debacle. I doubt dealers keep a bulky item like the bellows in stock and order directly from the wholesaler when needed.
You’re probably right.
No dealers ever keep bellows in stock. They always come from central stores in Europe on demand.

No harm in asking though!
I doubt ‘any 2023 owners would be buying and fitting old stock single skin bellows!