Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porta potties!

Spud

Spud

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all, where do you put yours? We are off to Spain in a couple of weeks, we have drive away awning for stays over 2 nights, but one nighters we tend not to bother. So what do we do with the po! Excuse this I realise this isn't every bodies cup of tea but we ve talked about pop up shelters side awnings, using wind breaks any suggestions anybody please? :help :help

Ours(porta poti cube) sits under the kichensink , raised the shelf a bit so it fits in.
It comes out at night and goes back in in the morning , some have made a cover for it in wood(mdf) and than it can e used as xtra seat,....

Belive there are some treads here, use the search button.

When I am touring, especially back road stuff, it travels inside the habitation area. I have a nice neat nylon cover with a cushion sewn into it that slips over and provides a nice decorative seat or footrest. It is of course always available to be pressed into use when loo stops are few and far between.

When not wanted in that area then it slides neatly into the "boot" (thetford 335).

Spud said:
So you just use them open air at night?

....we use it inside , only for pipi at night

We often use a pop-up toilet tent. takes seconds to put up and take down.

Hi Spud, we put our Porta Potti under the sink. Drop the top shelf down and the Potti goes in a treat. However, very much depends on the size of Potti. Ours is a Qube 325. Have fun! There's plenty to go one? Hopefully there is a picture attached. I know, very sad but there is a story. :lol:

image.jpg

For occasional use, you can't beat travel johns. I get mine on amazon - box of 18 - it's so worth it for quick emergencies/middle of night/dryas you haven't had time to unpack/pack etc.
Not everyone's cup of tea, but it's saved a lot of fretting in my family.
Have a good trip!

We have the Qube which lives either in the boot under the wire panel or inside behind the drivers seat and held in place with a bungee to the seat frame.

Stu said:
We have the Qube which lives either in the boot under the wire panel or inside behind the drivers seat and held in place with a bungee to the seat frame.

Yep. Me too. Strictly liquids only (paper in a nappy sack, Greek -style). Anything of greater significance in a 'bog in a bag'. Also have a Quechua XL toilet tent. Not used it yet but practicing releasing it and trying to pack it away again is a highly amusing garden game :lol:

Hi........

We have the Porta Potti Cube in stock at the moment.

VIP price of ÂŁ135.00 inc vat.

This comes with the strap and protection tray.

Postage would be around ÂŁ15 to send it to you.

Cheers

There was quite some long discussion over this a while ago and it does seem the Qube is the bog of choice for the Cali :lol:

Stu said:
There was quite some long discussion over this a while ago and it does seem the Qube is the bog of choice for the Cali :lol:

I do find that wherever it goes it's a nice flush fit :crazy

Hello all. I want to buy a new Porta Potty and I have read here that the Qube seems to fit the best. If I buy one and have a cover made (wood) is it possible to leave it out as a seat and still use the lower bed? Thanks

yes ... depending on size of cover. If your wood cover is half a rain forest then it may be too big. We have just finished discussing this in another thread somewhere.

Thanks I tried to find that earlier thread but it didn't come up on a search. I've just been looking up Qube's and it seems that a small one is 305by343by381. That is a Thetford. Since I travel alone I think that a small cube should do and it would be handy as a seat if it could be left out with a wooden cover on it although I would like to use the lower bed on rainy nights

I covered mine with a nylon cover and fitted a cushion to the underside. I have a 335 and fits in snugly in front of the revolved front passenger seat.

The other thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=8213

Thanks loads granny Jen. You're a big help. Would you buy the same 335 again. Glad to know where to order the nylon cover too. Where did you buy your PP. I'm in Ireland and haven't found the Qube here. Cow olds wrote that they have one but I believe it's bigger and heavier. I live in the VW for 5 months a year and that means that I often stay at Aires or Sostas as otherwise it would be too expensive. The municiple campsites are very reasonable too. Thanks again. Sorry I don't get to the Meetings as am usually in some warm weather place. It would be great to have a chat over some vino

I got mine from amazon I think.

A glass of vino is always welcome.

I'm semi domicile in France and Belgium myself at present, but North where it's cold and wet :(

Back