Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portugal in July for just over a fortnight

Ryemslie

Ryemslie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Ok folks ferry’s booked for this years adventures. Portsmouth to Santander, landing July the 6th at 17:30 & leaving 21st around the same time. Looking for route ideas, campsite suggestion aswell as free camping. Had a rough idea to head down to Lagos area, stay 3/4 days to explore the area & let the kids (3 & 6) enjoys some downtime. Then plan to make our way back round & up the west coast. Any better suggestions? As we are landing quite late on in Santander, a good campsite of free camping spot say within two hours for the first nights stop would be welcomed.

Scorchio! Enjoy..
This was our route a few years ago;

View attachment 43194
This is a great route! I am Portuguese (so I guess I can call myself local) and the Northeast is by far one of the most beautiful areas of the country!
Personally I would not go to the Algarve, but I know I am the odd one out on this (note I say this enjoying the sun and a cider in a campsite in Gower, Wales)...
If you are looking for the west coast and not far from the Algarve try Sesimbra, Vila Nova de Milfontes and one of my personal favourites Porto Covo

Thanks guys. Loz how long did you take to drive that route, looks good.

Back