Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Price increase

BMVS-Camper-Hire

BMVS-Camper-Hire

Camperhire
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Ive posted this on FB, but also thought I'd stick it on here to see everyone's thoughts;

VW PRICE INCREASE - anyone else got a new campervan on order? Do you know about the price increase on the 3rd January? Vehicle has to be ordered before 3rd jan, and registered by 31st March to get the pre-increase price. One of our ordered DSG equipped California's isn't due to go into build until week 13, 2012, which means we won't see it till end of may, and have to pay the new price, even though we ordered it at the start of October. I am presently trying to get VW UK to honour the old price for us, to save us £600 or so. Anyone else in this situation? Previously when VW have had a price increase they have always honoured the ordered price, no matter how long the build takes.

I have heard today though that the extra waiting time for the DSG gearbox is now sorted??, but my build week hasn't changed, as apparently the first 1/4 of 2012 build slots are now full.

Discuss......

Am hoping mine is scheduled for build in week 4 and will arrive in time to beat any price increase. Its a manual and so not subject to any DSG delays.

I've not heard otherwise, so expect to see mine at the price ordered, and hopefully with a brand new number plate.

Prior to placing my order I did see a certain disparity in the German Euro prices and UK sterling.

I have a manual California schedules in week 3, and this should also be built in time, I think it is 8 weeks to build a California.

Ordered a 180DSG in early November in the hope that it would be ready for the new plate (12). I was told at the time of order that there normally is a price increase in Jan but the price would be fixed at the order price. I will expect them to honour this. I haven't been given a build week yet but another forum member who bought from this dealer had theirs arrive without prior notice so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
The price to change from my 09 174 to the new 180 DSG, considering that I think I've got a fair deal, would buy a new family sized car.
With the euro currently losing ground against the pound, if this is maintained then the prices should reamin at current levels.

Hubert

Ordered my Cali (140 manual) on 22 October.
Dealer advised me on 3 December it was built and at the docks - so that's a 6 week build time MAX.
I can only assume a build slot came free.

Steve

Hubert said:
Ordered a 180DSG in early November in the hope that it would be ready for the new plate (12). I was told at the time of order that there normally is a price increase in Jan but the price would be fixed at the order price. I will expect them to honour this. I haven't been given a build week yet but another forum member who bought from this dealer had theirs arrive without prior notice so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
The price to change from my 09 174 to the new 180 DSG, considering that I think I've got a fair deal, would buy a new family sized car.
With the euro currently losing ground against the pound, if this is maintained then the prices should reamin at current levels.

Hubert

Hi Hubert,

I've been assured that all orders placed before 31st Dec 2011 will be 'price protected' so your dealer should honour this as others have agreed to do the same.

We haven't actually decided what to do with our order yet but may start taking a few of the 'nice to have' options off the order to compensate for the price increase. We may negotiate harder on the dealer accessories to help take away the sting of the price increase :lol:

I think the price increase is on the Basic Retail Price so factory options are not subject to the 3rd Jan price increase.

Good luck with any negotiations. :D

Thanks for all the replies. VW UKs line on this is if it's not registered by the end of March, it will go to new price. However most dealers are absorbing the increase, for retail customers, as I suspect they will take it out their margin. It's slightly different for us as we have terms direct with VW, and make a substantial saving already.

I'm still not happy, and have told them I won't be paying the £650 odd increase.

Like I've said previously,this is the first time VW have done it like this, normally they honour the ordered price, no matter what the build time was. I'm sure they will relent on this!

Can understand why you're not happy to pay the increase and hope VW appreciate their good customers and honour the prices given at time of order.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

VW would be well advised to honour prices agreed at the time of the order in conjunction with their dealerships. The california is not just a car but is a vehicle which one lives in for holidays. Everybody has preferences and essential options to make that use more enjoyable. I appreciate that cars can also have numerous options but I would say they are "nice to have" and most car buyers would be prepared to accept a vehicle not to their full spec.
The dealerships might have difficulty passing on cancelled individually specced vehicles without offering incentives to prospective purchasers. The california is one of the most expensive vehicles you will see in a VW dealership, even those dealerships that sell cars alongside.
With two price increases per year now becoming the norm again, most new buyers will be hit by one due to the time form order to delivery, which I'm told is increasing.

Hubert

Good points there Hubert
The Cali is like nothing else on the road and most are chosen with the extras to suit individuals.the last thing vw
Want is people cancelling there orders and being left with unsold cali's

I dont think there's ANY danger of VW having unsold California's!!!! Demand outstrips supply...

Good news. VW have confirmed they will price protect my California's for me. :D

Nice one oli. Doesn't surprise me with the amount you buy.

That's good news Oli - hope VW offer the same price protection to all customers who have Calis on order

Back