Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Van spec amendments pre 1 Oct price increase

Ladymuck

Ladymuck

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Has anyone else on here been told they have to pay the new list price when they want to make a small amendment to their order after a cost increase?
Ordered Coast 28th Sep. just asked to add topper panoramic view on but the dealer has said I'll have to pay 1st Oct price increase of 1k ( plus) cost of that spec) to do it ...
Thanks

Not quite the same but I was told i'd lost the 2 services, 4 year waranty, 4 year breakdown cover because I amended my order after that deal had finished.

Not quite the same but I was told i'd lost the 2 services, 4 year waranty, 4 year breakdown cover because I amended my order after that deal had finished.
Thanks, did you manage to get back the original deal ?

Has anyone else on here been told they have to pay the new list price when they want to make a small amendment to their order after a cost increase?
Ordered Coast 28th Sep. just asked to add topper panoramic view on but the dealer has said I'll have to pay 1st Oct price increase of 1k ( plus) cost of that spec) to do it ...
Thanks
Try VW "customer service"? I think you are being taken for a ride by VW Liverpool. Phone another dealer, get their opinion?

Try VW "customer service"? I think you are being taken for a ride by VW Liverpool. Phone another dealer, get their opinion?
Thanks, I've contacted them and they've now agreed to changed the order (after some persuasion) ..it's bizarre.. I was only trying to give them more money on the 53k car I've ordered !!

Thanks, I've contacted them and they've now agreed to changed the order (after some persuasion) ..it's bizarre.. I was only trying to give them more money on the 53k car I've ordered !!
Well done, good to hear you have the spec you want. I am afraid the whole process is very dealer dependent. The waiting begins...

Thanks, did you manage to get back the original deal ?

I don't think so but I havent got the van yet. The dealer thought i'd be chuffed because the pcp interest rate had dropped from 4.9% to 3.6% but as I intend to settle it anyway i'd rather of had the services and waranty.

I don't think so but I havent got the van yet. The dealer thought i'd be chuffed because the pcp interest rate had dropped from 4.9% to 3.6% but as I intend to settle it anyway i'd rather of had the services and waranty.
Our order went across 4 VW sales quarters - it took 11 months! Our sales guy (Martin at Norwich) was super helpful and said he can go back a maximum of two quarters for these warranty/servicing deals. So we actually got a better deal than when we placed the original order.

Speak to the Dealer Principal, get them to sort it out and honour the original deal. Some dealers make this so hard, especially when you are dropping them £65k+ with your spec! It doesn't even cost the dealer anything as it is a VW UK offer. :thumb

Our order went across 4 VW sales quarters - it took 11 months! Our sales guy (Martin at Norwich) was super helpful and said he can go back a maximum of two quarters for these warranty/servicing deals. So we actually got a better deal than when we placed the original order.

Speak to the Dealer Principal, get them to sort it out and honour the original deal. Some dealers make this so hard, especially when you are dropping them £65k+ with your spec! It doesn't even cost the dealer anything as it is a VW UK offer. :thumb

After clarification with the dealer today I will get the service/warranty/breakdown package. Not sure where I am with pcp % rates etc but time will tell.

Beginners question, my apologies. So if you place an order this month, any PCP (Which I would withdraw from straight away) deal (Servicing/deposit contribution/extended warranty) would be what is on offer this month, regardless of what was available in the month of delivery (Whenever that may be) ? Many thanks in advance.

Beginners question, my apologies. So if you place an order this month, any PCP (Which I would withdraw from straight away) deal (Servicing/deposit contribution/extended warranty) would be what is on offer this month, regardless of what was available in the month of delivery (Whenever that may be) ? Many thanks in advance.

Honestly i don't know where I am with it all.
I signed a deal in August for 4.9% plus the Servicing/deposit contribution/extended warranty available at the time.
I amended my order begining of September (199 engine, 80L tank)
Begining of October I still hadn't had a revised costing so I enquired and was told i'm now on a 3.6% deal but no freebies.
Now i'm told I will still get the servicing/deposit contribution/extended warranty after all but I don't know what pcp % rate i'm paying because I have my old quote (4.9%) and new (3.6%) in place.

The dealership has a good rep on here but TBH our sales man has been rubbish throughout.
He has given us bad information and errors from day one.
I understand he has now left the dealership and I can't help but wonder what else he had got wrong.

What is on paper at order should hold - but always good to check the small print.
The issues mentioned above seem to be related to order changes - and there is a bit of discrepancy between how they are handled.

What is on paper at order should hold - but always good to check the small print.
The issues mentioned above seem to be related to order changes - and there is a bit of discrepancy between how they are handled.
Thank you

Honestly i don't know where I am with it all.
I signed a deal in August for 4.9% plus the Servicing/deposit contribution/extended warranty available at the time.
I amended my order begining of September (199 engine, 80L tank)
Begining of October I still hadn't had a revised costing so I enquired and was told i'm now on a 3.6% deal but no freebies.
Now i'm told I will still get the servicing/deposit contribution/extended warranty after all but I don't know what pcp % rate i'm paying because I have my old quote (4.9%) and new (3.6%) in place.

The dealership has a good rep on here but TBH our sales man has been rubbish throughout.
He has given us bad information and errors from day one.
I understand he has now left the dealership and I can't help but wonder what else he had got wrong.
What a nightmare for you. I bet you are tempted to walk away and find another dealer that is a little keener for the business (In my limited experience - they are few an far between). But I realise that doing so would set your order back to post Jan 1st and the further uncertainty that brings. Many seem to be all too keen to ride the wave that the demand for the Cali generates. Perhaps a call to the Dealer Principle might get someones attention for you? Keep us posted.

What a nightmare for you. I bet you are tempted to walk away and find another dealer that is a little keener for the business (In my limited experience - they are few an far between). But I realise that doing so would set your order back to post Jan 1st and the further uncertainty that brings. Many seem to be all too keen to ride the wave that the demand for the Cali generates. Perhaps a call to the Dealer Principle might get someones attention for you? Keep us posted.
I have to say that when I escalated it to the sales director they have been very good in responding to my queries but the salesman I had the misfortune of dealing with was poor.
He definitely wasn't doing their reputation any good so probably for the best he moved on.

Back