Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Privacy glass and other questions.

D

DirkSquareJaw

VIP Member
Just a little question from the wife....

Am a little confused when considering the options on the Cali, is the privacy glass standard or an option and is it worth it?

Also, sorry for my ignorance but what is - Lane Change Assist?

If we go for it, we are looking at a pre-registered Cali - what discount do you think we could ask for if paying cash?

Lx

I reckon if you are looking at a pre registered Cali 99.9% will come with privacy glass unless you want to feel like you are sitting in a goldfish bowl do not buy a van without it.

We could not get any more off for the offer of cash because 1 the pre registered van had already been highly discounted and 2 because they would have rather we had had finance as they would make extra on that than cash

We have not got lane assist but think it is sensors that show read or green on the wing mirror to help show it is safe to change lane

Lane change assist is a radar based detection system that identifies anything in the blind spots, it beams yellow from a little window in the side of the mirror housing if it detects something there and goes bonkers, flashing at you, if you indicate an intention to change lane into the path of a detected vehicle.

I was sceptical that it might turn out to be an annoying gimic but it is quite useful and can be switched off.

Privacy glass had to be selected as an option when I bought my beach in December. Personally, if I could do it again, I would probably have selected just to get a tint put on instead as for me, the privacy glass isn't quite dark enough and I'm now going to have to pay twice over to get the factory privacy glass darkened...

maui2512 said:
Personally, if I could do it again, I would probably have selected just to get a tint put on instead as for me, the privacy glass isn't quite dark enough and I'm now going to have to pay twice over to get the factory privacy glass darkened...

Same - it isn't dark enough - I'm paying £174 tomorrow for a local tinting company (recommended by VW dealer) to do a limo-tint on all windows.

Back